·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume everybody has heard that Cat scrapped the snow bike project? :eek

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
There's one sitting on the showroom floor at Day's Powersports in Bloomer, WI.

I believe I heard that they produced 100 of them.......

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
what's interesting is I just did a survey about snow bikes..... specifically about full purpose built units and not add-on kits

·
Registered
11,543 Posts
I just saw a couple being moved around on pallets at the Cat plant in TRF on Monday.

Reactions: snowxcrazy1

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I just saw a couple being moved around on pallets at the Cat plant in TRF on Monday.
Guy I worked with was the points leader racing them and just got clipped at the end of the season. He quit and just got hired at Polaris and moved to Minnesota. I'm thinking they were the only company pushing them. The ones you saw are probably going to some collector someplace cause nobody is buying them

·
Registered
11,543 Posts
Guy I worked with was the points leader racing them and just got clipped at the end of the season. He quit and just got hired at Polaris and moved to Minnesota. I'm thinking they were the only company pushing them. The ones you saw are probably going to some collector someplace cause nobody is buying them

Not sure and I forgot to ask. It was pretty slow there this time. Quad line full of quads in various stages of assembly and nobody working it. Wildcat line was at a standstill as were the workers on it. Even our guide said that was unusual. Said they were probably waiting for parts. Bikes did not have the track assembly on them.

·
Registered
729 Posts
They are still in development as Cat will not release it until it is trail legal. Snow Goer a couple mags ago had a great write up on the bike. It will happen but have to get the clutch brake issues all ironed out as the brake on a sled has to be on the left side, same with the clutch. They have a pretty cool way to accomplish both.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
They are still in development as Cat will not release it until it is trail legal. Snow Goer a couple mags ago had a great write up on the bike. It will happen but have to get the clutch brake issues all ironed out as the brake on a sled has to be on the left side, same with the clutch. They have a pretty cool way to accomplish both.
they are done, no wanted nor are they popular around here any more

Fine' De Pavmento

·
Administrator
38,379 Posts
They are very popular out here in the Rockies. Lots of people waiting on the release.

·
Administrator
38,379 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
cant drive on a snowmobile trail unless they are designated a snowmobile so far they are not so to get to a place to ride you cant use a trail system

·
Registered
56 Posts
As of Jan 1, 2018, Michigan opened the trail system up to ORV use. I think that is what the state is thinking. Why else would you have ORV and snowmobiles using the same trails during the same timeframe?

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
forest road change

actually you have it a little wrong.
the DNR is opening up more forest roads to orv use in the lower.
you still cannot ride on the snowmobile trail with an ORV during the snowmobile season december 1st till march 31st legally.
including snowbikes not manufactured as a snowmobile .

·
Administrator
38,379 Posts

Reactions: arff
1 - 20 of 42 Posts