Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall i have a 2006 400 4x4 with no power, i am running 26" mud bugs and have a hard time turning the any advice? it is stock right now.
ive heard of the jet kits and clutches, but what is a good choice?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
There are clutch kits for both autos and manual transmissions, these will help get the power to the ground better and help in turning larger tires.

As far a just a jet kit, its a wate of money if only added alone, the gains just aren't worth the cost. Now add that with a less resrictive air intake (snorkles, K&N, etc) and exhaust (mod the stocker, aftermarket) then you will see some gains in power. Other then that your somewhat limited in performance mods without spending big money.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
clutch kit for the win!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Seems kinda weird to me that a 400 has a hard time turning 26" bugs... Our Kodiak 400 spins 27" vamps all day in HIGH gear.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
the kodiac is geared way different boss!

my bud has a 450 kodiac and he can stay in high when i need low on my ol 400

·
Registered
226 Posts
Really?? I thought the cats would be more powerful. Aren't the newer cats supposed to have 4.0 gears in them from the factory?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.