Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my pantera 600 out of storage, I took it out to the trail and it would only 55mph tops. could it be my power valves not opening?

any ideas, thoughts, things to check etc?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
what rpm is it turnin is it getting to 8200 or only around 7k. take a black sharpie and draw lines on the clutches from the inside out on the sheves then ride it that will tell u if your clutches are opening all the way. also look at your pv cables see if there free

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
sounds like apv arnt opening pull them out and see if there free and look at the cables. if u want to just un snap the cables from the servo and pull on them see if they open and close the valves but if it wont go past 7 k is check them they open at 7k. or ride it around the yard a bit and then stop and leave it running and look at the bottom of your ecu and see if there is a led blinking a code

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It must be the cables. had the caps off last night and both valves slide in and out.

I will try new cables and see what happens...

·
Registered
5 Posts
zr 800

hey i have a question.... i have a 02 zr 800(carb) it started actin bad first year i never payed attention to it thought might just been lil water in tank i be driven along and it sputter i thought might been a ignition coil so i bought new one put it on still doing same this but gettin worst i just took it for little cruise otheer day and just when i got home lost all almopst all power but i let it set for like 20 mins it seem to have poweer again but never took it n e where n e one no what could be?? thinkin stator coill or scuff piston gonna go get it looked at tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
same thing

we have an 01 doing about the same gonna change stator to see
it runs better if we pull up on the wires going to the stator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts