Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a very important question guys its really worrying me now. I went out for a quick ride cause I went to the back of the house to refill it and wanted to warm it up and take it to the shop, travel along a ditch about 400 feet from my house there was a pipe going through the ditch covered over with dirt and I didnt see it, I was going about 20 mph and I hit it, it came down hard right in the center of the belly pan, breaking a baseball sized hole into it, and right as it hit the exhuast got really loud. I rode it home as it was still running good and parked it, looked over it and there wasnt anything cracked off or anything. Pipes werent dented or moved, the motor mounts werent cracked or anything, nothing was out of its place. It all seemed normal, so I went to try and start it and the thing wont start for anything, I just hope the engine isnt ruined, it ran good until I got home but was very loud. Please help guys I am very worried I am going to have to junk the thing or have the engine rebuilt with the money I dont have.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If it ran that much louder, it's the exhaust. Keep looking until you find the problem.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But why does it start up now?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had A real Bad Exhaust leak on my ext it wouldn't start, I had to One of the Pipes and it runs awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Prob broke a baffle in the silencer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright thanks guys I will reach my hand down on the exhaust now that its cooled off and feel for holes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am buying a new stock can and pipes from ZRT lmp sanded and repainted ;P. Just gotta send him some cash.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That same thing happened to me once and what happened was one of the pipes popped out of the exhaust port just enough that it was hard to notice. It still looked like it was connected, but had barely popped out.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bjflash @ Jan 22 2007, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That same thing happened to me once and what happened was one of the pipes popped out of the exhaust port just enough that it was hard to notice. It still looked like it was connected, but had barely popped out.[/b]

I was thinking the same thing or that you may of broke one of the exhaust grafoil seals (gasket). As others have posted, inspect all pipes one at a time from top to bottom. If necessary spend the extra time and pull the pipes to inspect the bottoms. LOL :thumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
well did you find the prob with your exhaust, before you buy a new one?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup its all fixed but I already had plans on buying these :p. Took on an open feild full throttle was going really fast :p. Had about a full mile to go straight and smooth and it was fun as hell. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Figure out your speedometer/ bearing issue yet?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
speedo bearings are being shipped will have the sled in the shop on sunday to take it apart and put them in, weather or not there bad I still may as well replace them if I have it all tore down like that to check em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts