Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall. i just got my 500 shift about 3 weeks ago and i now have about 100 miles on her. went out this weekend and noticed my trans is missing its neutral between gears. by that i mean when you hold the shifter up or down normally you would have a neutral until you let it go. called the dealer and he said the clutch needs adjusted which does make some sence cause whenever i raced pit bikes i adjusted my clutch a little to tight and it did the same thing my cat is doing. anybody ever have this problem or think it could be anything else?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I think having a "nuetral" position between the gears (while holding the shifter up) is normal, atleast for any other manual ATV I've rode I dunno Used to be the only way to get an old 4x4 to wheelie, tho tended to be hard on parts after high revs and dropping into gear :lol:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mexhusky357 @ Apr 4 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yes it should have a neutral but it does not[/b]
Sorry my misreading, thought you were saying it did have the neutral part.
If it still creeps or the clucth is engaged between shifts then I would agree with you that the cent. clutch is adjusted to tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts