Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving my 97 zrt 800 wen it started loosing power. Almost like it ran out of gas. It runs but only at idle revs up a lil wen i play with the choke. TOOk a look at my plugs and my center plug was burning wight. Could i be geting anti freez in some were? plugs are wet but dont smell like gas. all 3 cylinders have 150psi I have good gas flow, spark,and air..... at idle i can hear the cabs sucking loud dont think iv heard them sound like that befor.

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
If you look at the pistons tops are the all silver and steam cleaned? Is the coolant bottle spraying anti freeze out of the hose that's on it? You may have a bad O-ring in the head or base gasket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont seem to be loosing coolant any were. could it be my stater not making a srtong enough spark to burn the fuel and fouling the plugs. I noticed the coil with the single spark wire did not want to fire properly so i changed it with a spare and had same result. then i changed the cdi box and pick up senser and still the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tested my stater today and found out it wen i cheq green to black nothing, whight to green had a lil then i seen that ther was one of the cooper coils was loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts