Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just "helped" a family member out who needed some cash by purchasing his 2000 zr 500. It wont run! He had the stator replaced and the efi box, ran great and then it just died. It will barely idle now and wont rev up. Its getting great spark on both cylinders and will run fine on one with the other plug removed. It seems that the one cylinder isnt getting any gas, could this be a bad injector? I dont really know any of the sleds history other than the parts he had replaced, any ideas?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
It cold be the injector. A way to tell is to swap the injectors from one side to the other to see if the problem follows. Before I did that, I'd swap plugs side to side then swap plug wires side to side. If at any point the problem follows then you know what it is. After checking plugs, plug wires and injectors, you could run a fuel pressure test. The fuel pressure in the rail should be about 38 psi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could'nt get any series of lights out of it while running, i got it to run today but it wouldn't idle by itself, had to give it throttle to keep it running. Runs very rough and backfires as well but i am able to get enough rpm's out of it to drive it around the house. i'm starting to wonder if i should take out the injectors and clean them next? Also should I be concerned that i have a difference in compression between the 2 cylinders? i have 120 on one , and 105 on the other

1 - 8 of 8 Posts