Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke front left axle on 2009 700 h1 .I relaced the axle now have no 4x4 ,diff lock works and locks right side and in reverse the left side works.Without diff lock on i have no 4x4. not sure what to do.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
If I understand you correctly, when you put it in Diff lock all four tires receive power, however in 4X4 mode only one of the front tires receive power?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with the 4x4 on, my two rear wheels spin.when i lock the diff in forward the two rear wheels and the right front spin nothing to the front left. however if i put it in reverse with the diff locked i can get the left front to spinI dunno

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
The front diff spins which ever tire is easiest, then when you lock it in both fronts spin at the same speed, hence when you lock it the right spins but the left doesn't. Something is definately not right on the left side, and thats why I am saying make sure the left axle is fully seated in diff.

·
Administrator
39,141 Posts
Did the left axle have the locking splines on it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes it had the locking ring in the splines inorder to get it in you have to push the shaft towards the diff end of the axle

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the outer splines on the thicker part of the axle were there also the new arctic cat axle matched the old one exactly

·
Administrator
39,141 Posts
Is the new one a white cup axle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
yes that is right white on the cup , The axle came from counrty cat so it is the correct one.And with the locking mech on that axle i would think that it has to be in all the way in cause i pulled on it after i got it in and it seemed to be secure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts