Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i asked a question to a dealer around here and i said what do i gap new spark plugs cause i cant find it for the life of me and they said they come pre gapped and you just stick em in.

I race asa latemodels and we always have to gap em cause there never the same any suggestions what do you guys gap em at

also i put a mbrp race can on it will this change how my fuel is burned? ( no comments on the can i know u can lose power just wondering if it changes how the fuel will be burned)

ZR 2002 600 efi cce

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about the can you think this effect fuel burn ? or do i just gotta start around what you said and take a look at her untill shes not letting unburned fuel go to waste?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it could possibly lean my engine out?! im not sure how to adjust the jetting on a efi.... i thought efi controls the amount of fuel no matter what

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was looking at boondocker control units for fuel and i dont think there are compatible with the 02 zr 600 i mean if it leans out the engine idk how else to adjust it and im not willing to blow the thing up for some noise

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Nov 9 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Replace the can with the stock silencer, the engine will run better.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (asaracing21 @ Nov 9 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Theres no way to create that lost back pressure?
[/b]

That's where the stocker come into play.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I can't see where the can change would effect your jetting. All of the fuel scavaging is through before it gets to the can. When the exchaust gets into the can it's pretty much spent. I have used three different cans on my 580 EXT, efi and they showed no difference in piston wash. The can is basically a sound thing. Ron.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts