Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a DVX 400 for quite sometime. Finally picked one up last wk. Its an'04 and pretty much stock other then K&N, Front spacer's and +2 Chrome extreme axle. We ride sand only. Whenever the weather lets up (Wicked rain in the Great Northwest lately), I'll snap some pictures. It aint fast by any means, but it will be a good duner!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
welcome call I think we may be able to help ya out with some stuff lol. I can tell ya what you need to do if you wanna make that machine rip. Feel free to ask questions, everyone is very helpfull on this site!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
So What all are you looking to do/get done to your machine? Price range? is it srtictly going to be a duner? and the real question how fast do you wanna make it?? lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mnDVXracer58 @ Nov 8 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So What all are you looking to do/get done to your machine? Price range? is it srtictly going to be a duner? and the real question how fast do you wanna make it?? lol[/b]

Well, lets be honest, although I enjoy the Artic cat 400's they are not a speed machine. I have thought since '03, Suzuki made the best 400 powered quad, mainly due to liquid cool, but AC had way better plastic. I just sold an '06 TRX 450R that had a 480 kit because it was too much for my wife. This bike will be perfect.

Here are couple of my bikes I use when I have a desire to go fast....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Duner @ Nov 9 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mnDVXracer58 @ Nov 8 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So What all are you looking to do/get done to your machine? Price range? is it srtictly going to be a duner? and the real question how fast do you wanna make it?? lol[/b]

Well, lets be honest, although I enjoy the Artic cat 400's they are not a speed machine. I have thought since '03, Suzuki made the best 400 powered quad, mainly due to liquid cool, but AC had way better plastic. I just sold an '06 TRX 450R that had a 480 kit because it was too much for my wife. This bike will be perfect.

Here are couple of my bikes I use when I have a desire to go fast....

[/b][/quote]
Very nice, but dont underestimate the power and potental that the DVX has lol, I run with all the 450 FI boys in the class I race in back home. I also have 20K into my machine, but with the right stuff and right gearing its possible to make these things rocket ships lol. I have a bunch of aftermarket stuff forsale for a DVX if your interested, check out the bottom of my profile, its all good stuff, I just decided to change my set up.
[attachment=138786:artic_ca...x400_001.jpg][attachment=138787:artic_ca...x400_00
2.jpg]
[attachment=138788:artic_ca...x400_004.jpg][attachment=138789:artic_ca...x400_00
5.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
450's aint fast. In order to impress me with 4 stroke performance, you'll need Kenz, Rocket Factory or Rooster Built to be invited.

Nice bike you got there racer58. Keep doin your thing, and thanks for your service!!! Rockerdude

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thanks for your support for what we are doing over here. and for the compliments on my machine. A 450 is fast, but we are into 2 different kinds of speed. Oh yeah and we need some pics of your new machine! its man law lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still raining like cats and dogs, but here is a quick one. Still have not even unloaded it from the truck...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Very nice! I am looking at getting some ITP sandstars for my machine, I am actually leaving Iraq here on Sunday and heading to Ft. Lewis Washington to demobilize and have surgery on my knee, then heading home to Minnesota, but I am coming back out to Palm Springs California in February, I see your from the North West, where do you recommend riding dunes at that time of year? I really have wanted to get out to some dunes ever since I bought my quad, but there isn’t really many around my area. So I will be tailoring my quad out there from MN, maybe we can meet up and ride. What do you recommend for dune tires/wheels?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mnDVXracer58 @ Nov 12 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Very nice! I am looking at getting some ITP sandstars for my machine, I am actually leaving Iraq here on Sunday and heading to Ft. Lewis Washington to demobilize and have surgery on my knee, then heading home to Minnesota, but I am coming back out to Palm Springs California in February, I see your from the North West, where do you recommend riding dunes at that time of year? I really have wanted to get out to some dunes ever since I bought my quad, but there isn’t really many around my area. So I will be tailoring my quad out there from MN, maybe we can meet up and ride. What do you recommend for dune tires/wheels?[/b]

I actually live 1.5 hrs south of Fort Lewis. Vice President Biden was at Fort Lewis yesterday. I used to live very close to Palm springs (Indio), so your journey to both of my neck of the woods is quite intresting. If you have never seen pictures of the Oregon Dunes, google them. Spots are Coos Bay, Spinreel, Winchester Bay (home of Dunefest) and Florence. All offer great riding, racing, hill shooting, trail riding, jumps, etc. Over 40 miles of dunes! This is where I usually ride due to location. Pismo, Dumont and of Course Glamis are the spots from Cali. Dumont for sure, beings its pretty close to Palm Springs. I am always open to riding, and do it as much as possible.

I believe a skat trak hauler is the best dune tire hands down. If your serious into dunes, then 20x11x8 8 paddle non extreme would be your ticket. If you want more traction then look at a 22" tire, but I dont think I would recommand it for our DVX's....

The one event I would highly recommand is the Raptor Rally which is held in May. Its quite an event and the machines that show up are top notch. Its a free event and most of the people are great folks.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thanks Duner!
Is there a specific time or date that the dunes are open/closed or can you ride year round? I have heard Pismo and Glamis are the places to ride! I had a tattoo done in Bellvue when I was in Washington in February/march. I wont be doing any riding while I am there this time, but I will be back out that way in Feb like I was saying. I will look into those tires, Im not looking for anything for top speed, just something good for jumping, easy to control, and doesnt wear fast. Im not going to be to big into duning, I may make a trip once a year to ride dunes. Im pretty wrapped up in the motocross scene so that takes up most of my weekends in the spring/summer/fall, most trips will probably be winter time to ride dunes. and most of it will be just jumping and riding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts