Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of the original MBRP Viper mufflers. It cracked and was warrantied. I did not dislike the MBRP, but I wanted something with a bit softer tone so I sold the new MBRP at a loss and decided to try Ulmer's new Straightline unit. Initial appearances I'm quite impressed. I like the fact that it is coated to keep cool and also that it is double walled and to close off at the belly pan. The larger volume should help tone it down a little. Weight is 9.5# versus 8.5 on the old MBRP. The new one may have gained a few ounces with gussets etc.

Below is a comparison pic Sounds really nice. Starts quickly versus stocker but does not have the harsh "pop" that the MBRP does. I think this will be the right blend of mellow throaty tone that I am looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Viper exhaust

I too bought the MBRP trail can for my 2014 XF 7000 last week so have not tried it on the snow. Installation was easy and tone was a bit louder on startup. Where did yours crack, how many miles on the can approximately, what should I look for and does MBRP stand by their warranty?

·
Registered
70 Posts
That MBRP can is the old style one
It's been made much better and it's all SS
They stand behind there products
Now that you have installed the can
Is it easy to get to the chain adjuster??
Also I know that it don't come with a new gasket
So I guess you got a new one from cat
I want to get one for my zr 7000
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Viper can

Yes, you can access the chaincase adjuster fairly easily with the MBRP trail can installed. As for a gasket, I bought a copper gasket from Hurricane Dave which you can use for the life of your sled. Just to be sure I coated the copper gasket with Permatex copper hi-temp spray-a-gasket.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
love the straight line quiet can..not only sounds amazing but 100% fixed bogging in deep powder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts