Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figured the only things left to do to my V2 are engine work and clutches... and since I'm not a fan of engine work (high cost/low yield) I went ahead and sent my clutches off.

VForce John Stage 2 Spidermod.

I set belt deflection, put on a new belt, and noticed my front diff was leaking... imagine that. So I'll have to deal with this before I can test out the clutch:

We'll see if it's worth $350.00.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha. Initial test of a 10 minute drive isn't enough to tell. Although I'm already doubtful. However, I can immediately notice belt slippage is all but eliminated. Which is a good thing.

I'll hopefully have my front diff back in this weekend. Gotta get it fixed before I can really test it out.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Factory weights. wanted $200 for Teryx weights... eff that. Machined the primary, added a new spring (red), and did the faceplate mod.

$345 for the work. $200 for rebuild parts as the clutch I sent him was in very poor condition. So $545 total. I was expecting it. Plus a new Kawi clutch is nearly $500 anyway. So it was due for some maintenance. As a replacement clutch it is stellar, but as a performance add on, I'll need more time to tell.

I'm hoping since I went from a 6 year old burnt out factory clutch to a practically brand new VFJ Stage II primary I would be immediately impressed. Not so much. But, maybe I'll like it as I actually get some real seat time on it! I'm open but skeptical.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to catch mine... noticed the diff wasn't holding fluid. I just put in new bearings and seals about 3 months ago, so the gears were in excellent shape. These AC diffs are just poorly designed I think.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put some seat time on it. The clutches make a noticeable difference in belt slip, stall and low end. I can wheelie in low no problem, and bring the front tires off the ground a bit in high from dead stop. Keep in mind this is with a 200 pound rider and nearly 150 pounds of tire and rim up front.

Very good upgrade. I've yet to test it in thick mud situations, but I am almost positive performance will be improved.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Well I figured the only things left to do to my V2 are engine work and clutches... and since I'm not a fan of engine work (high cost/low yield) I went ahead and sent my clutches off.
High cost/low yield?I dunno
a little motor work and you wouldn't have been disipointed

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Know people that have $2500 in engine work (full rebuild, but still) in their V2. It's nice, but not $2500 nice.

I like tough engines. And stock engines are tough engines. I'll build it if I have to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts