Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im currently running a 2000 zr 500 with a 1 in track with ALOT of studs in it. I kind of want to get away from having a studded track (Due to restricted trails and chance of putting a stud through a cooler) so i was wondering what people think of either a cobra 1.3 sno pro track or a intense 1.5 track and if I went to the 1.5 track would I have to drop a tooth on my drivers to clear the tunnel ? Thanks, also does anyone know if a zr500 comes stock with anti ratchet drivers?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 1.5'' Camoplast Intense on my sled and love it! I did go with 8 tooth drivers, it is real close with 9 toothers, rubs every now and then even with the suspension dropped. This was on my 2000 ZR 7.

I think 109JB has had good luck with putting on a big track without it rubbing with 9 toothers, he may chime in here.

The Intense 1.5'' does great in the deep stuff, and great on the trail. It has teeth on top of the paddles. On the outer lugs, the teeth measure right around 1.75''.

I like my track, I don't find it to be too much on the trail, and love it in the powder.

Cheapest website I found: Intense 15 X 121 X 1.50 9930C [66799930] - $454.09 : Snow City, Snow City is your source for discount snowmobile partse

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
So i should be good with a 1.5 track and just get some 8 tooth anti-ratchet drivers? Thanks
I would only get the smaller drivers if you plan down the road to get a bigger track. And are you looking for a extra/introvert stryle driver? extrovert is like what you have now, intro goes in the windows so you have to have an open fully clipped track to run them and there is ones that utilize both as extra/introvert. Your after a 2.52 pitch also if you don't already know but make sure your track matches or nothing will work right and you will hear a lot of clunking and skipping from track binding up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of going with the.8 tooth extra/introvert style (the kind with teeth on both sides and teeth in the middle to go threw the windows i believe? ) and i was thinking the camoplast intense 1.5 track that is fully cliped and 2.52 pitch. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was thinking of going with the.8 tooth extra/introvert style (the kind with teeth on both sides and teeth in the middle to go threw the windows i believe? ) and i was thinking the camoplast intense 1.5 track that is fully cliped and 2.52 pitch. Thanks

I have a 99 zr700 my 2" track was rubbing both the tunnel and the intercooler so droped from 9 to 8 tooth no more rubbing. I lost top end though but im faster outta the hole than I was.

An those sprockets your talking about are kinda over kill unless you are racing alot. Kimpex makes a dual tooth on sides for the centers with no window teeth for alot less $$ and still good performance.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Why drop to 8 tooth then?
I have a 99 zr700 my 2" track was rubbing both the tunnel and the intercooler so droped from 9 to 8 tooth no more rubbing. I lost top end though but im faster outta the hole than I was.

An those sprockets your talking about are kinda over kill unless you are racing alot. Kimpex makes a dual tooth on sides for the centers with no window teeth for alot less $$ and still good performance.
I would have to agree, introverts rob top end and prevents any slipping and you can run a really loose track and crate a mean hole shot. I prefer the extra/intro type as i do a lot of off trail and i do make some big power and hate climbing something and having my track slip. My trail sled extrovert or stock in most cases and i take it out just to show how fast it is but Iam running a 1.3 on my 03 F7 with extroverts and just run my track tight enough that it don't slip in deeper stuff.
I don't think its worth the money unless your intensions are good for the product, I use to drag race also and figuring out combos was the thing so making my money back was pretty easy to pay off most everything.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Another thing to add about dropping to 8 tooth sprockets:
When I would get in deep stuff and clamp the throttle, sometimes my track would ratchet even with the track tension as tight as it could go.

Solution: I moved the entire skid one hole backwards. Problem solved, better attack angle achieved, however a little less track on the ground.

This is my experience with the Intense 1.5''. Maybe other tracks are tighter and would be fine with the stock mounting holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.