Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I did a search and didnt come up with too much. I just put a new 1 1/4 ripsaw track on my 01 ZR 800 and im just wondering how many KM's I should run to break it in before studding. also wondering if i should have put some tunnel and/or bulk head protectors in. im gonna be running 144 1 3/8 studboys. on my boss's 05 mach z 1000 we put bigger tunnel protectors in (he has the same setup)and as we were doing it i was thinking if it is necessary to do the same on mine. thanks for the suport in advance. Jerett.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have same sled same track same size studs . i studded it brand new and no protectors. 1000 miles no problems at all nice track . i put 144 down the center doing a 2 -4 pattern using 48 single 48 double backers

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey, I have a 01' ZR600 and I was working on the bumper snow flap and looked up at the exchanger and saw that a stud had pulled and flew into the protector making a big dent that could possibly have ended that sleds life due to lack of coolant/ over heating had there not been a protector there!! Go and buy the protectors and then you will not have to second guess or ask what if questions!!! just my .02 but if i stud the pantera I will have protectors. 2004 pantera 600

·
Registered
238 Posts
my heat exchangers are in the front and above the windows on the track, so studs shouldn't be a problem, aren't most cats like this?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yes, most Cats don't need tunnel protectors. If you ride decent the first couple miles (20 maybe) the track should strech all it's going to and be fine. Make sure you recheck the track tension. There should be no reason you can't stud it right away, give them a look over while you readjust the tension and it'll be all good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet thanks guys. ya my heat exchangers are over top of my windows to so i was just wondering what other on the site have done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts