Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new member great site, can anyone help me out. how many studs and what kind of wear bars and do i need tunnel pretectors. 08 xf 600. thanks for your help,can't wait for snow hope to get to ride more this year .

·
Registered
146 Posts
2nd that on a 06 xfire 6. looking to stud only up the middle for a bit of traction.
advice???

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a special tunnel protector kit, fast and easy installation, the only one available like it. The factory one is a joke and will leave you with a scarred tunnel under the gas tank before too long. I have the template for a few different patterns, depends more on how you ride and what you expect from your studs as far as traction is concerned, regardless we have it figured out for these sleds. PM me if you want more details.

Johnmaster

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for repliying, I have alread bought 164 studs but not sure I want to put that many in. I ride about 50/50 on/off trail. I do have a push in corners and I know I need to change runners. is there a phone # I can contact you, thank again

·
Registered
636 Posts
i have the 102 (or whatever the cat kit comes with) on my 06 std and have just the cat protector. Like JM said, i do have some scratching on my tunnel but nothing i'm worried about. This is after 4000 hard bumping miles. As long as you have the suspension set up right i think the cat protector will be fine. I have no marks on either of my coolers (front or back).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts