Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the ATV world and new to AC. has anybody heard any thing positive or negative about the new 550 H1. this is the first year AC is making its own engine.
I would like to hear from anybody who has any info about this ATv.

thanks

alleycat

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
That 550H1 EFI is considered equal in performance to the 650H1 Carburetor bike that came out in 2005. The 550H1 EFI is new for 2009 but pretty much identical in all aspects except displacement to the 650H1 that Cats been making since 2005. Congrats. Make sure you post pictures when you get it or you'll catch hell from everyone here.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, you will learn a lot here. There are a lot of very willing members here that will always help you with what ever you need. :trail:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought one (09 550 efi ) in october and so far very pleased with it. Installed 3000lb winch, hand warmers , and new tires and rims. Has pretty good power. This one is going to be my wifes and i think im going to get a 700 efi. I need a little more power :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
Welcome!! And I havent heard of any consistent issues with the 550. If anything, this site is full of knowledge and good fun, and its moderated so it never gets offensive, but has a blast at the same time!! Cat happy

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
i will let you all know what went wrong with my motor when i get it back :(

other than that yes the 550 is :):):)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome,

I bought mine last christmas and have about 700 miles on it now. I've driven in all types of weather and all conditions. I have no complaints. I've got a 60" plow on it and haven't had any issues with it other than replacing a CV joint that was covered by warranty. Oh, and replace the winch cable with synthetic rope.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
welcome to the asylum Cat happy

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
welcome call ...There is a lot to learn here and a lot of people willing to help. Don't forget pictures when you bring your kitty home.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leroycool1 @ Nov 16 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i will let you all know what went wrong with my motor when i get it back :(

other than that yes the 550 is :) :) :)[/b]
What did the dealer say about all of those holes you drilled in the exhaust??..That's why I worry about modding anything during the warranty period, hope that doesn't void the warranty for you, that would really suck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi, I'm new the the site also and new to Arctic Cats in general but I'll give you my opinion as of so far.
I just purchased a 2010 550 H1 EFI and honestly I have very little to complain about. This is the first Arctic Cat I've ever owned and I know little about them. The price was right and it had most of the features I was looking for in a new bike. Now pretty much anything is an upgrade to my old bike (87 Yamaha moto 4 225 2wd, lol) so I'm pretty easily impressed. One thing I noticed about the new bike is that it is very heavy compared to what I'm used to, which translates into poor handling for me. (Its also slightly heavier than its competitors in the same class.) It has more power than I'm used to and I dont feel its lacking in that department at all. So far its done all I've asked of it with power to spare. Being my first new bike with a CVT transmission I wasnt to fond of how sluggish it feels off the start, by that I mean that when just riding slowly off the start if feels as if the engine is working harder than it should be compared to how fast your going. Almost as if the brakes are on or your in low gear. But that disappears quickly as you get into the throttle a little more and then its nothing but pull! Keep in mind my engine is no where near broken-in and this might change as time goes on. If anyone can confirm this I'd like to know. As I said the weight combined with such a high stance makes for a battle in the corners, but that may just be my lack of experience on the bike and how to properly control it. (see link to video below, I almost rolled it being over confident in my ability) I'm also still playing with the suspension to get it setup for my size and riding style. My one other gripe is the lack of storage compartments but that seems to be the norm with newer bikes. Bottom line this is a great bike IMO and will get you pretty much anywhere you want to go. It has more than enough power for what I need it for. The suspension and ground clearance is great compared to models with a solid rear axel and has more suspension travel and ground clearance than all others with independent suspension I believe. It makes for a very comfortable ride. The more I ride it the more I love it and I cant wait for the weekends to come around to get to ride it again! Obviously I havnt had any problems with it yet being so new but I've heard good things about the quality of these bikes. Only time will tell. Check out the link to the video below, its of my first two rides on the new bike.

Arctic Cat 550 H1 Video

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
^^^^^^^

Did it come with those fender flares?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah, bike came with hand/thumb warmers, 3000lb warn winch, and the fender flares. The bike was completely dressed up with front and rear bush bumpers, camo windshield, camo seat cover, and aluminum wheel and tire upgrade. I wanted to keep the cost down so I told them to take it all off except the winch. They threw in the hand warmers because apprently you cant uninstall them without damage and the fender flares because they had already drilled the holes for them. Not a bad deal over all. Kinda wish I had kept the bush guards but they were expensive. For now the stock rims and tires do just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts