Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an 03 f7 with the sp track. Just looking into prices for some woodys studs and how big i can go with out turnning my tunnell into shredded cheese, i think i want the gold diggers but i couldnt find any prices, and besides, i have no idea what i need to get along with the studs. tunnel protectors, track drills, backers nuts, patterns, tunnel clearence checking, idk my head hurts already.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
if your track is 1.375 you need 1 1/2 studs and atleast 153 i use warthog xzp studs in both my firecats,im sure some will tell ya to buy woodys.i never had any problem with bending or breaking,you will need tall nuts with your studs spend the extra money and get them Cat happy(johnmaster.net)is the web site,i also use his 10 inch double down carbide

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should i get a tunnel protector, or am i safe with 1 1/2 inch on my sp??

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i dont think ya need them ,i just put a 1.375 track with 1 1/2 studs on my wifes nightfire last year i never put one that never had a problem

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in all how much did you spend on everything?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the grinch @ Nov 20 2009, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
it comes to about $2.15 a piece with the tall nuts[/b]
But does that include backers and everything or is just the stud and the nut??

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mesoam @ Nov 20 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i would pickup the drop brackets for that setup as well for extra clearance

IIRC you can just pickup the 05 ones and rivet them right up[/b]
Where could i get those? i cant find 'em

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was hoping so, thanks buddy

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (todb @ Nov 20 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Only stud the center belt on a Firecat also don't stud right in the center of the belt.[/b]
yeah, idk im gonna wait, im too poor to buy studs, id like to get 'em but idk.

i know you can get like 96 and 153 or 196, but what are some lower amounts between 96 and 153. I want some good hook up but i dont want a ton of weight and an empty wallet

ps i have the regular length track

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
the least you could go is 102,you should have more but the 102 will help but you would be under studded ,which is not good ,it depends on how ya ride Cat happy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts