Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a real nice 2007 650 H1 in Camo with 526 original miles and 60" plow.

I checked the radiator fluid today and it was low on coolant. Any idea why?

Any suggestion on maintenance items and must have mods? I know I need bigger and better tires. Was thinking 27 or 28 589's.

I already did 6000k hids in the lows. The right side is flickering though. Any idea why?

Heres some pics. The green one is my buddys 05 650 V2. Has the same tires I want to get.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just picked up some used Kenda Executioners today off of craigslist for $150.00. 27x12x12 and 27x10x12.

Will I need a clutch kit for these? My buddy has 27" ITP 589's on his 650 V2 and he doesn't have a clutch kit.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
How low was the coolant, because there is no expansion bottle it can look low and not be.
If one of your hid lights is flickering swap the two ballasts around if after you do that the other one starts flickering then the ballast is bad of the same light keeps flickering then it's probably a bad bulb. That is assuming you have good voltage going into the ballast. DO NOT Test the output side of the ballast it will destroy your meter.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i believe those are 08 camo plastics...my buddies 08 700 has them and i love them.

·
Administrator
40,632 Posts
Yep I have a front set off of an 07
Rock Headgear Tree Cap Snow

Reactions: JonnyBlaze

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
coolant leaks are common, those hose clamps come loose and all need tightening, Just go over it and get every one, Do you smell antifreeze when it's warmed up?
My 07 700 is leaking, again.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Anybody ever put Camo plastics like that on a trv?
I dont believe they ever made a trv set....the front will work but ive never seen a trv rear plastics in camo.

Merv wish you had both man lol

·
Administrator
40,632 Posts
Ill find a set!!! Lol

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't notice the hids flickering tonight. I ordered new bulbs anyway.

I added about 20oz of water to the radiator. Checked it again tonight and its still full. I ordered a coolant overflow tank from a V2 off of ebay for $11 shipped. So Im going to add that soon. And was thinking about going with Engine Ice.

I like the camo. And I love the Kenda Executioners too. Lol.

Someone listed a brand new Dynatek CDI on ebay today for $100.00 so I bought it. Been searching the forums and seems like the general consensus is that they aren't worth the money. And that I have to rejet my carb? I don't want to do that. It runs so good right now and it starts right up and purrs like a kitten.

I plan on clocking my helix.

Oh, I did a mod tonight. It didn't turn out like Id hope but I think it looks much better.

What do you guys think? I wish I could have matched the camo better but that's what I get for ordering it online without seeing it in person.

Heres some before and after pics.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Why does that clutch cover look like a 700 suzook style?
Doesnt the 650 have an aluminum one with "arctic cat" stamped into it?

·
Administrator
40,632 Posts

·
Administrator
40,632 Posts
Where did you get the camo?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.