Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well that theory is shot down. There’s no impulse line on an EFI sled. And I can’t find anything in my service manual.
Same here, I appreciate you checking. I’ll chase it all down and report back with what I find, sorry for the limited info.

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
If I still had my Sabercat 600 EFI, I'd be pulling that belly pan off just to see. I had it off in 2014 for that same coolant hose issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Someone else on HCS said throttle body hose? Put a new clamp on it.

I looked into it and it looks like that throttle body line is a heated coolant line ran to the throttle body? News to me.

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
There is a hose on the throttle body to keep that warm but not exactly sure where it ties into cooling system.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK a few updates here...

The spot that had the drip, there is definitly no crack there which is great and theres actually a rubber gromet that sits against the block. I was still unable to confirm what that line is but I’ll go with it being the throttle body cooling line, all the other lines down there are cooling lines.

This is that same spot, cleaned off. No new drip since the other day. I’m thinking it was just residual oil that made it’s way to the lowest point, at least I hope it is. I left the belly pan off so I can check it in a few days.

Regarding the coolant line that is known to rub on the bulkhead, I think thats on the other side of the machine and I was looking at the wrong line. I think there was a recall on it where they put loom over it and if thats the case it was done on my sled. Am i correct on this?

Lastly the coolant was low when I got it which spurred off this inspection, I topped it off with regular 50/50 green. Is that bottle known to overflow and go low on it’s self? Just wondering.

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
In the 5 seasons I had my Sabercat 600 I never lost coolant. That “hose” is on right side correct? Is that not the stator wires encased in a protective sleeve?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
In the 5 seasons I had my Sabercat 600 I never lost coolant. That “hose” is on right side correct? Is that not the stator wires encased in a protective sleeve?
The hose with the plastic loom on it yes is on the right side (pto). Thats the one I believe was prone to rub on the bulkhead, no?

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
The pic of where the leak was with the wires showing yes that is the mag side just below it.
I’m guessing it is the stator wires. Absolutely no room to see anything on these sleds is there?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I’m guessing it is the stator wires. Absolutely no room to see anything on these sleds is there?
Nope! All appears to be well though, if it is leaking it’s a super slow leak (nothing in two days). I still would like to know why the coolant was low though. Plugs look fine no coolant in there.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts