Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I just got my first snowmobile a 2003 Pantera 600 EFI two up. I am trying to determine if they came with a plug for heated visors? I don't believe so with the looking around I have done and was wondering what I need to run a plug for the driver and passenger?

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Get something like this:

You'll be able to use it to heat your visor while riding, and tend your battery while parked.

Product Gesture Font Gas Brand

Use a cable like this to go from the batt tender cable to your helmet:

Gesture Gadget Audio equipment Finger Electrical wiring

Then use about 4-5 inch male rca cable to go from your helmet to the above female rca.

Search "Snowmobile Heated Helmet Cables" you'll see.

·
Registered
2005 Z570, 2006 Panther 570
167 Posts
I recently discovered that this generation of snowmobiles has a female plug in the factory harness marked "accessory" in the wiring schematic. It should be a black, rubber plug with a brown and yellow wire running to it and located on the wire harness within the console (the plastic collar above the gas tank where your ignition switch and choke are mounted). 4 screws self-tapping machine screws with a T-20 head are all that you need to remove to pop-off the console and look at the wires. You also may need to disconnect the ignition switch to be able to position the console out of the war, those two wires are very short. I believe those are purple and black in color.

Please post photos of what you see and report back your progress.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Z570, 2006 Panther 570
167 Posts
If your sled comes with an accessory charger outlet (cigarette lighter style) by the choke, you can use this to power both your shield and that charging outlet.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had two of those! Great sleds! There is plug by the chain case to attach a wire for driver heated sheild. On my sleds, I cut into the rear heated grip wires and tied in a plug for the wife....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get something like this:

You'll be able to use it to heat your visor while riding, and tend your battery while parked.

View attachment 371422

Use a cable like this to go from the batt tender cable to your helmet:

View attachment 371423

Then use about 4-5 inch male rca cable to go from your helmet to the above female rca.

Search "Snowmobile Heated Helmet Cables" you'll see.
Much appreciated for this tip!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently discovered that this generation of snowmobiles has a female plug in the factory harness marked "accessory" in the wiring schematic. It should be a black, rubber plug with a brown and yellow wire running to it and located on the wire harness within the console (the plastic collar above the gas tank where your ignition switch and choke are mounted). 4 screws self-tapping machine screws with a T-20 head are all that you need to remove to pop-off the console and look at the wires. You also may need to disconnect the ignition switch to be able to position the console out of the war, those two wires are very short. I believe those are purple and black in color.

Please post photos of what you see and report back your progress.

Good luck!
I am going to check the sled tomorrow and see if there are accessory plugs and take some pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts