Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all riders. Ive been in plenty of forums for my other vehicles so I get the gist, these are always the best places to find out info I have found. A quick run down of my history, Dad was a cat man so he started me at age 5 on a kitty cat. From there it went like this, 86 Ski-Doo citation, 89 Couger 500 f/c, 89 Wildcat 650 (miss that old pig), 95 ZR 580 efi, 98 ZR 600 efi Limited Edition Black clutched, 2000 ZR 800 with a black magic 925 kit and EVERY thing else I could thow into the engine, lost that sled in a shop fire, and my current ride a 2000 Thundercat trail ported and clutched. I love the brute power of the T-Cat and I still have the 600, dependable great handling little trail sled. Cant get rid of it and the wife likes it. ANYWAY now that we are aquainted, my question for the forum, I want to change out the silencer on my T-Cat for the meaner sound, performance, and weight savings, after all we all know the big cat triples were heavy pigs. I need all the lightning up I can get. I'm keeping the stock pipes cause I dont feel like re-jetting and It really doesnt need it, she makes plenty of power, I'm pretty much throwing flowmasters on my V-8 if you know what I mean. So what should I go with, Rumble pack? mbrp? something else?

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
drop the hammer1, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

I have no hands-on experience with aftermarket exhaust components on T-Cats... But if someone asked me, I'd always recommend a quieter exhaust system if it can be bought.

Heavy pig?

On terms of power to weight... Or flip it for pounds per horsepower, the T-Cat is among the lightest sleds ever! And it sure feels like it, because it can pick up and throw it's own weight easier than most other sleds too!

Can you post some pics of your Cat? :pics;

:chug:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Hammer, welcome to the site, great group with lots of info, as for me on the exhaust I to go for quieter, being a rider and a landowner that allows the trail to go right by my bedroom window nothing sucks more than a loud sled at 3 in the morning when I have to get up at 5. Good Luck and once again Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
I would go with D&D, lower sound levels below 5000 rpm's but once your on the throttle you get that sweet tripple sound, not the annoying loud either. Speedwerx at one time made cans for the t0cat but no longer on their website or in their catalog. Jeremy from speedwerx is on here, maybe he can let you know if they still have them and what the price would be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just as in every forum, everything is useless without pics, heres the pics of the previous owner forklikting it onto my trailer, and some other as it sits at home. The weight of the sled is a good thing I believe. When the ZRT2 chassis first came out a friend of mine bought a zert600 and loved it but said the front end would probably handle better with the 800 or 1000's wieght, and IMO he was right. Having 180 or so ponies makes that extra weight dissapear real fast anyway, the skiis only touch the ground when I want them too Rockerdude

and by the way, if jeremy from speedwerx is on here I'd like to say I ran a lot of speedwerx products on my 925, and I was impressed. All there parts held up and outperformed everything else. Put one there clutches in your ride and your will blow buy the competetion. Thank you from a happy costumer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts