Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2013 Arctic cat 700 core. Ever since I bought it the front end has a lot of play in it with 2 wd and you feel a lot in the handlebars (my hands cramped) my other quad was not like this. The only way for the handling to be halfway decent is to have it in 4wd, but is it normal to feel A LOT in the handlebars, cuz when I turn them, I hear a little thump noise as well. Any ideas what may be wrong? I hope the handling would be better for a machine like this.

Thank you
Lucas

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Download a free manual at mymowerparts.com

You bought it used, so it may be abused.

Jack it up and get your hands dirty and replace what's worn.

Then dig into the pinned section here and read the tutorial on setting up your suspension.

After you do all that, report back on what you did to fix your machine.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Check the alignment first, sit on the seat, or someone the same weight, measure the distance at the axle height between the front and the rear of the front tires, should have about 1/8" of toe in. If you have a lot of toe in, check both tie rods for being bent. A bent one can be removed and straightened. Like Freak said, you don't know what happened to it before, and read any and all (pinned topics ) posts on front end tuning. Because of the short wheel base, ATV's are very sensitive to front end geometry.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Please post any further questions or replies in the ATV section. This is the " new member introduction only !!!! " thread.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
That's not what it says at the top of the page in red letters.... Oh..... wait...

Maybe if it was bold red letters? Italic bold?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I bought this machine new, the dealer just sold it to me since they did not sell it yet, it came with 3 original miles when I bought it.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Actually I bought this machine new, the dealer just sold it to me since they did not sell it yet, it came with 3 original miles when I bought it.

You have been asked nicely to not post in the wrong forum and you post here again? Not a good start for a new member !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts