Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new tire for my 05 650 v2. I currently have 26 inch mudweisers and am looking for a more aggressive mud tire, yet i do lots a of trail riding.

Yall have any suggestions?

·
Administrator
38,921 Posts
Outlaw mst

·
Super Moderator
4,546 Posts
Put these on your research list too, ITP mayhems or Maxxis zillas in a 27 or 28 inch. Lighter and less $ then the Outlaws.

If you choose the zilla go with the 28, they run tru to size. The smaller tires run small.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
i got the itp mega mayhems, thats just a pure mud tire, i want to go back to my XTRs. The mayhems just dig way to fast in anything, they suck on the rocks too. They're ok for the trail, but if its soft at all you just dig

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
i run swamplites http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=30&g=3 all my toys. Actually waiting on a set to arrive tomorrow for my wife atv. great on trails,rock,snow and some mud. 5,500 miles on my 28" set and still have over half the tread left. they are 6 ply,i just like them for all around tire.
you should check out the mambas they have also. Maybe a bit rough on trails though. they are top left in the link i posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have ran swamplites, mudlites, outlaw 2, gators, silverbacks, reptiles and zillas. I like the way the zillas handle in all terrains better than the others. The reptiles radial are a great trail tire but so so in mud. The swamplites good low cost all around tire.

I guess for all around performance I would say the 28 zilla on 14's. Now my daughter has 27 zillas on 12's and they do well also, not alot of sidewall roll and pull real well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts