Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a swap meet this past weekend a bought a set of new Firecat Sno Pro bars. Want to put them on my 96 ZRT 600 which has a TSL rear upgrade, and in the process of the AGLT front end and handle bar upgrade. Anyway, I'm good on the left side of the handlebar, but the right side throttle control scares me. I will have to remove the grip and heating element from my brand new bars to put my throttle control on. Are these glued on? Can I get the grip and heating element off without damaging them? Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your going to need a throttle block to get over the bend in the bar. Plus I have tried a few times to save the element while removing. Never could do it without damage. I have a stock AC sno pro block on all of mine, with a bypassed TSS.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I also run a 440 snopro throttle block on my hooked bars... I usually cut the grips off if I need to remove them, and just replace them with new grips and fresh glue.

I have removed stock hand warmers without damage as well. I heat them up with a heat gun and use a utility knife blade to break the old seel holding the warmers on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Motor City Cat got me thinking...I need a new throttle block, (2 piece). Glad I asked the question. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts