Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Boys. I always wanted a Yamaha 4 Stroke. A great deal came up that was hard to refuse so I went for it. $8400 CDN with cover and a few other extras. 2006 Apex ER. Just need to get new big boy springs and a revalve on the rear and she will be ready for next season. Need to get Yamaha saddles for the Powder Pros I kept from the ZRT

[attachment=69554:Apex.JPG].

Attachments

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Congrats on your new sled!! If yammie is what ya want, I say all the power to ya!! :beer_cheers: Just don't start ragging on cats and stuff!! slaphappy

RR

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Cool. Yamaha quality. Nothing wrong with those. Hope you enjoy. Did you get rid of the Zirt. How about those big bore parts. As a reliability stand point I will probably go 4-stroke. I think the future of the Jag will be bright also. Hope you stick around here at A-Chat.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slick @ Apr 28 2007, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cool. Yamaha quality. Nothing wrong with those. Hope you enjoy. Did you get rid of the Zirt. How about those big bore parts. As a reliability stand point I will probably go 4-stroke. I think the future of the Jag will be bright also. Hope you stick around here at A-Chat.[/b]
I ended up selling the ZRT as is for $1500 CDN. The guy that did my Crank last year is going to warranty the bearing that went so the guy that bought it just has to put it all back together. I sold the big bore parts as well. took a big loss on the whole ordeal. I'll always check back to see whats going on and help anyone out with AGLT questions.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
$1500 for the ZRT not bad IMO

Congrats on the new sled

I am also looking at 4stroke Yammy

but if an ST660 comes up in the fall I might stay with Cat

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
bang your head You stink, You suck, You don't belong here...I'm here to bash on Yammi's. :devil_angry:

KevinS...Hey, I'm only kidding you here...Yammi 4 stokers are decent machines to begin with. I've ridden a few times, was amazed on how quiet the sled was besides it's fuel efficiency. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Check on us from time to time, Will ya ?. :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You know your getting old when you settle for a Yammie...... the tight trail handling really takes its toll if you are riding with a couple guys on Cats & Doos in the twisty's all day. Its not hard to do for little while, but after say 75 miles, you know where the weight is. I'm not bashing the sled, I rode one last year for a couple of 300 mile days, they go great in a straight line/lake, sound great, look really cool, but give me my ZR900 or my RT Gade 1000 and I'll have a bigger smile.

My Renegade is still a little lighter than the Yammie, but you don't notice it near as much.

Joe

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice sled!
My Bro bought a '07 Apex Mountain and it is unbelievable.
A little tippy at first but after learning how to ride it and with that 16x162x2.25-inch track, it's unstoppable!
Gas milage is incredible too. Even full throttle in the pow.
I wil always bleed greeen with Cat but Yammi is sure looking good.

Congrats on the purchase! You'll love it!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Should have taken the skid out of the ZRT and put it into the Apex, those yamaha suspensions suck

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ May 5 2007, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Should have taken the skid out of the ZRT and put it into the Apex, those yamaha suspensions suck[/b]
slaphappy

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.