Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give my opinion of my 04 mxz 800 I got on saturday. First off I am not here to bash, just give my expirence (sp). ALL sled manufacturers have there problems. Ask me about my oil cap leak. Second, Iput 5000 miles on my f5 and 150 on my ski-doo. I can tell you the rev chassis feels awsome throught the rough stuff, if you are going straight. The skis on this thing SUCK big time ( c&a's coming). I really didn't know how rough the firecat chassis was on my body until I switched up with my buddies 04 f7. There is a huge differance cassis feel. The sled ALWAYS flys straight and true. Now for the AC gold. My new mxz looks like a troll (think about it). It gets 10 mpg on the hammer. If you are taller than me 5'6" (HA) you are going to be cramped. The windshield sucks. The reason I bought this sled is--- I wasn't going to spend 8k+ for anew ac sled. My dealer MAY be going belly up. And I didn't want a firecat again ( wanted to try something differant) The rev also has push button reverse that adds only a little weight. IMO ski doo has it going on -------Again I stikll have an Ac sticker on my truck and I'm not bashing

·
Registered
188 Posts
you forgot one very important thing my friend and i owned the sled you just bought before i got my f7. unless you dump some serious coin on that ditchbanger you arent going to win a race against any decent running f7 in more than 600 ft. to me this is just as important as any aspect of sledding. the impromptu lake race is inevitable if you own a sled that is veiwed as what should be a contender and that 800 logo on the side of the rev makes it a target for the little 7. i wont comment on the powertec 8 as i have not raced one yet but the 800 ho. is not a speedster. other than that its just fine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no dought about it. The f7 is one runnin piece. I ran my buddies clutched f7 3 times sunday. door to door the whole way across the field. I feels like the 800 is a little more torquey than the 7. my top end sucks due to the adrenaline track and all the picks.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
i am really suprised about the skies, I herd from most of the ski-doo guys they love them, because they can carve there own paths and not push the sled through the corners

·
Registered
41 Posts
unfortunatly this is what new f-series owners are going through. the rev rides and outhandles a firecat, while the firecat dominates the rev on the lake and more fun to flick around in jumps. now the next problem is the f7 beats up on our new f series like it did to the rev while same holds true, new f rides and outhandles the firecat. to bad that the same company allows this to take place. i guess that this years f series was to get this new chassis out, but not the complete package. imo

·
Registered
188 Posts
i can promise you that if i went out and spent 10000 or what ever on an new f with a bigger motor and then got taken by a firecat i'd be inconsolable. all the handling and comfort in the world is great but i know alot of guys who hate too lose no matter how informal the race or what the occasion is or who ther racing and im one of them. thats why i ride an f7. and if i do lose and im not sayin that hasnt happend at least i can say its only a 700. this is a little off topic but i got to ride with a new xfire 1000 for 100 miles and it is a sweeeeet sled. it still had oil in the gas and the thing pulled hard. i couldnt take it with my firecat. he would pull 2-3 lengths in the mid and we stayed there right through the top. i had 109 on my digital and he had 110. that is very impressive for not even being broken in yet. motor pulls so smooth its decieving. and its in a proven and very comfortable and versatile chassis. id take that sled over a new f anydday.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have 2 disagree with the cramped position. Im 6'2" and loved my old REV chassis. my knees werent on the cowling most of the time. Im not sure why so many people whine and bitch about the rider position. When ur knees r on the cowling around corners it just keeps u more connected with the sled and allows u 2 use your legs more. After my fcat im either gona get a nytro or a 550x rev. I had a 3.5 inch powermadd pivoting riser on my rev wich greatly helped with the rider position, It was only $70.

·
Registered
464 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f7ben @ Feb 6 2007, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i can promise you that if i went out and spent 10000 or what ever on an new f with a bigger motor and then got taken by a firecat i'd be inconsolable. all the handling and comfort in the world is great but i know alot of guys who hate too lose no matter how informal the race or what the occasion is or who ther racing and im one of them. thats why i ride an f7. and if i do lose and im not sayin that hasnt happend at least i can say its only a 700. this is a little off topic but i got to ride with a new xfire 1000 for 100 miles and it is a sweeeeet sled. it still had oil in the gas and the thing pulled hard. i couldnt take it with my firecat. he would pull 2-3 lengths in the mid and we stayed there right through the top. i had 109 on my digital and he had 110. that is very impressive for not even being broken in yet. motor pulls so smooth its decieving. and its in a proven and very comfortable and versatile chassis. id take that sled over a new f anydday.[/b]
I agree. XF1000 over F1000 is an easy choice for me (Xfire hands down). the infinite rider positioning is worthless to me (I know its valueable to others, its JMO). It would be a harder choice for me to choose a F1000/F8 over a Mach/XRS800.

I too would be P'd off if I spent $10k+ and was still following a 2003 model year sled down the trails.

As far at the Firecat's being alot of work. I prefer it that way. I'd also rather ride a CR250 over a 400ex even though the 400ex is "easier" to ride. That's just the way I ride. I want to be tired (read stress free) after a day of riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts