Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading on here that replacing the skis on the xfire is a great mod to do because the stock ones are junk. I havnt taken my 07 out yet, but do you think I should replace them even before I have been on it yet? And if I were to change what type should I go with it seems like everyone like the powder pros? Thanks..

·
Registered
636 Posts
depends on how much you are goingto search the pow. If you're doing mostly trails with just a random off trail once in a while you'll be fine with the stock skis for a while. They are an ok trail ski, expecially if you add or have the woodies dualies that are found at the dealer

·
Registered
222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdb3667 @ Nov 13 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do you recommend I add the woodies dualies and if so what size?[/b]

If you are doing aggressive trail riding with the stock skis I would go with the shaper bars, the doolies are great to get rid of the darting but for bite in the corners, the single carbides work much better.
The amount of carbide you get also depends on the amount of studs you have in the track.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shaper bars improved the steering on the xfire lots, will upgrade skis some day but little by little, want a new track to go with the skis, yea I d get the powder pros.

Hurry up winter all ready.

·
Registered
160 Posts
shapers for sure. for skis try usi. reasonably priced and huge upgrade. stock skis from 07' are junk. first thing i would do if i were you tho is studs!

·
Registered
286 Posts
shaper bars get the nod here, there really good.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i myself would run nothing but Bergstrom skegs tripple points . they out last any carbide and make a sled handle and no darting.
whats great about this guy is he is a little guy that makes them and he will tell u what you need to do and even ship you free
shims to set the right balance on your skis if you go to his web site you will see more info www.bergstromskegs.com
ive had them on my yami and now on the crossfire and they work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts