Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first sled I have actually owned, now Im totally addicted and cant cant stop tinkering with it. I am looking at new ski's and wondered if you all can help with which ones are the best. I will be doing mostly mountain/powder riding but will spend a bit of time on the trails. what will be the best ski for this??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was just out west and have a set of SLP Powder Pros. They floated nicely and worked great on the trails as well. Plus they look awesome.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I did a lot of research and decided on the SLP Powder Pros, But at this time I have no snow to tell you how they work. Also I can tell you that with stock skis it pushes very bad. I have very little time on this sled. When snow does come I will take my T-Cat with me as the Cross Fire is not studded. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have powder pros on my xf8 sno pro and let me tell you, It's like power steering on the trail. No darting at all. I have 6" carbides90 degree and am thinking of going to 6" 60 degree for a little more agressive steering. I have not had a chance to try them in powder as snowcover offtrail is minimal.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a question for the Powder pro guys. Are the SLP PP skis Flexiable, or are they more of a ridiged ski?

I have been running C&A's for years and they have saved my sleds from major damage due to the flex that they have. The Simons are the same way they have a lot of flex to them and absorb a lot of the inital shock when hitting large objects, like trees and rocks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went to the Milwaukee snow show in october and USI had a big display. I bought a set of the new
triple threat x2's with their stage two fins and 9 inch studboy shaper bars. I hope to try them on my xfire 700 sp in the UP this weekend.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Powder Pro's with 6" shaper bars, handles awesome on the trails and floats in the powder. Really made a huge difference in all around handling over stock skies.

·
Registered
261 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X-Fire 6 @ Jan 11 2007, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Powder Pro's with 6" shaper bars, handles awesome on the trails and floats in the powder. Really made a huge difference in all around handling over stock skies.[/b]
Are they more of a ridiged type of ski or do they have any flex to them?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought a pair of 06 M7 skis on ebay $125.00 after shipping and $10.00 for the correct hardware to mount them ( longer bolts ). They work alot better that the stock skis ever did.

·
Banned
488 Posts
I just got my C&A Razor's w/ 7.5" shaper's from KJ Motorsports and let me tell you man, these things are amazing! They handle like you're on rails and are a little wider than stocker's. They are a little hard to turn while going slow, but with a keel like they have it's expected. I fully recommend these skis to anyone who loves to push their sled to the max. KJ will also beat any competitor's price, so either way you win!

BTW thanx for the quick delivery everyone at KJ Motorsports, anonther satisfied customer.

Cheers,
Mael

·
Registered
20 Posts
if you do a search on slydog, you should get some results. Either here or at HCS there was a discussion about them. If I remember correctly ( I don't always) they got pretty good reports on the trail and in the powder.

One concern that came up was that the front of the keel is NOT protected, the Carbide stops well short of the front so if you hit curbs, rocks, raised road beds.. whatever, you'll quickly chew up the front of the ski. This is really the only thing that has kept me from buying them. One member stated that if you buy the Triple Skeg carbides, the front is protected decently enough.

Someone also emailed Slydog about the issue and they were aware of it.. I'm kinda hoping they'll fix it so I can order a pair.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts