Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Not sure if I’m in the right place to ask questions. I just picked up a brand new 2016 (yes, it’s new from the factory). It’s the wildcat 4x. They brought it by truck, then we let it warm up a good 20 minutes. It is currently-20 where I live which translates to -4 in US :grin. This quad does not seem to like the cold. It kept crapping out every time I tried to put it into gear. Once we got on the road, it seemed to struggle? I don’t know, it just felt like we were pulling a thousand pounds with us. We were only out a short stint, like 20 minutes. When we got back the engine was super hot. My 14 year old said it was throwing a code at one point. I’m hoping that it’s just the extreme cold and the fact that the bike was a popsicle when it was dropped off the shipping truck.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
-4F isn't that cold and it should run great after a short warm up. Something isn't right!

It shouldn't ever stall out, check the intake and exhaust for obstructions. Check the intake for loose clamps. Check oil too

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi and thanks for the replies. Further issues last night revealed it wouldn’t start, then it kept flashing “fuel off”, then it threw a code that revealed the tilt sensor is gone. The dealer is picking it up today. So glad this happened at home and not out on the cold trail!

·
Vendor
18 Posts
Bad gas? A "new" 2016 may have sat around awhile. Have them check the fuel line and put some good gas in it, along with everything Firecat said. Make'em fill it up!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
It's not unusual for a machine that sat for 2-3 years to have a few things needing attention. Your dealer should have done it before delivery, but probably didn't want to test drive it. Battery and fuel are the two likely issues. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts