Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day while drooling over the new Cats at Gander mountain , the shifters on the new manuals are a single toe shifter (like dirt bikes) . Are these shifters not popular ? I thought they were great , since I'm used to my Harley shifter heel/toe it seems perfect for a four wheeler to keep your foot out from under the bike.
Kenny

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That's too bad, one of the great things about the other AC's in the family is you can use them with work/cold weather boots on. Toe shifters are alot harder to use.
JD

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm sure you can but the toe/heel shifter for them. I bet this is one way for AC to get a few more dollars out of the consumer by making this an aftermarket accessory!!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kancoyote @ Jan 30 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's too bad, one of the great things about the other AC's in the family is you can use them with work/cold weather boots on. Toe shifters are alot harder to use.
JD[/b]
You can always rotate a regular toe shifter upwards more so it is easier to get your foot under, I had to with my DVX for the MX boots that wont flex. I think the heel-toe shifter vs toe shifter is kind of like the single lever vs dual lever brakes, more of a personal preference and what your used to.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The '07 Manual Trans models all come with a heal/toe shifter. The heal part comes to the dealer in the same bag of goodies that the paperwork, P&A Catalog, and the Safety Video come in. It needs to be bolted on. But, most dealers don't put them on unless the customer asks them to. So... Ask for it. If you don't, they'll probably won't say anything and then try to humper you for it anyway.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigbadbikerdan @ Jan 30 2007, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The '07 Manual Trans models all come with a heal/toe shifter. The heal part comes to the dealer in the same bag of goodies that the paperwork, P&A Catalog, and the Safety Video come in. It needs to be bolted on. But, most dealers don't put them on unless the customer asks them to. So... Ask for it. If you don't, they'll probably won't say anything and then try to humper you for it anyway.[/b]
yep

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Ah, very cool. I know that AC caught alot of crap from the ATV rags for having the heel/toe shifter, I just figured they finally caved. Glad they didn't.
JD

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like the heal toe shifter for most of the ridding I do.When I realy want to do some more agressive ridding requireing alot of quick shifting I do miss a toe ****er though,especailly while in a semi standing postion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts