Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got rid of the sleds and went to 2 quads. We got 2 400 Autos in the camo color (best color IMO). we got a plow put on one of them and we will be looking at getting a pull behind mower in the spring. Anyone use the pull behind? worth the money? ~$1500can. Anything else I should know about them, they are the carb model. Can't wait to start using them.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
you are going to love those 400s, i know i love mine. so much so that i am buying an h1 in a few weeks and will be keeping my 400, just because it is such a good bike. congrats!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got a Swisher pull behind last summer for $750 US, out the door. It was a display. Anyway, it works great with my wife's 400. I use hers because it's easier to steer. Just watch out for stuff flying out the back. I almost took out my windshield.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think the 400 is the best "bang for your buck" available. You get a strong motor, incredible suspension, awesome clearance, great looks, huge racks, and sooo much more!!

The ONLY thing I HATE about it is the piss-poor reverse gearing...way tooo HIGH!!....can't back out of holes, etc... You need to put on a rear winch if you ride in areas where you can Dead End yourself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I belive that the 07 reverse gear ratio has been lowered somewhat to make it a more usable gear.

·
Registered
445 Posts
although I haven't used one I;ve heard the pull behind mowers work great for a "rough cut" but not a finished lawn.

I can undersatnd that as when I turn my quad in the yard, the Mudlites really chunk up the yard.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a picture of our new quads, sorry for the quality of picture it was taken with my phone.
[attachment=60962:new_quads.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
nice choice man.... had a 03 400 manual and loved it, put on 2000 miles an a year and never let me down. i hope you have the plow set down on the ground when not using it, because your putting unnecessary wear on the front end. a little tip to, whenever you put the plow on the ground after you park the atv (on concrete, thats what your flooring looks like) set the plow on a piece of wood to keep it off the floor. it preevents the bottom edge to keep from rusting.

also, why did you trade the sleds in?
my dad wanted to trade one of them in because the winter sucks, but was just wondering

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Buddyp @ Jan 17 2007, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
nice choice man.... had a 03 400 manual and loved it, put on 2000 miles an a year and never let me down. i hope you have the plow set down on the ground when not using it, because your putting unnecessary wear on the front end. a little tip to, whenever you put the plow on the ground after you park the atv (on concrete, thats what your flooring looks like) set the plow on a piece of wood to keep it off the floor. it preevents the bottom edge to keep from rusting.

also, why did you trade the sleds in?
my dad wanted to trade one of them in because the winter sucks, but was just wondering[/b]
Thanks for the tip, I do put the blade down when not in use, but didn't think of putting anything under it, I figured the metal spacers (the things under the blade that keep it from being right on the ground) would be enough. We just moved into the country and figured we would get more use out of quads than sleds. We have to get a riding mower also and will look at getting one for the quad so we can use them even more.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Congrats on the new bikes, you will love them. No experience with the mowers, sorry.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congrats on the new machines, enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts