Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the plastics off of a 2005 650 fit onto a 2005 500? It sure looks the same but not sure. I will have the slowest 650 v2 around. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cat happy Yes they will. The only difference is the handlebar pod (and decals). The speedo is different so the hole is different.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks on the speedo thing. I could live with buying three differnt decals but the speedo whole thing sucks. There is a new set on ebay for a 650v2 in arctic cat green for sale but mine is red. I dont mind changing colors though. I wonder what my stealer would charge me for new plastics, stickers, including pod? hmm. Probably msrp which is way to much.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Can someone with a V2 measure the height of the gauge in the V2 pod? If it is the same or less than the 500 gauge, you can just mark and cut the hole larger to fit the 500.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The '05 500 speedo is approx 6" x 2" (I'm guessing as I'm in the house and not out in the garage) and the '05 650 is more like 5" x 3". Might still be able to make it work with an aluminum faceplate fab??? It's worth a shot. Even if you need a new pod, it may be worth the price (if it's resonable enough.) :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
sorry for jacking your thread but i was wondering if the plastics from a 500 would fit a 400 i like the way the rear fender comes down like a full wheel well

·
Registered
140 Posts
Without taking exact measurements, it looks possible for the rear plastic from an '05-later 500, 650, and 700 to fit on the frame of an '06-later 400. The only place they touch is where the rear rack mounts, where the fuel tank comes through the body, and where the floorboards attach. The floorboards are different part numbers for the 500 and 400. However, they appear to attach to the rear fender panel identically. If they don't bolt up directly, it wouldn't take much modifications to make it work. :kewl:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I can't belive these are bid up to $447 all ready. You can get new OE ones on line at Babbits for less and shipping is like $35

http://www.arcticcat-parts.com/

·
Registered
434 Posts
:thumbsup: Guys also if youve got a cool dealer that you are close to they can also check salvage for in theif but it takes a dealer to do it and ive heard thru guys that have gotten stuff like that it saves tons

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I checked babbetts on decals and they are expensive, about a 100.00 + shp. to replace my 03 400 ones.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Platics should be able to fit across the board from 400 to 700. There may be a few holes to drill and some clearancing, but all in all they should fit from one to the other, they all have a common frame with different motor mounting.

~Fast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts