Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
That's incredible, but for only 20 lbs weight savings I'm not too sure I would trust plastic.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Very interesting. Remember talking to a guy from usi at eagle river around 1990. He had these plastic skis he said would be the standard for skis. They were $700-800 at the time. I thought to my self standard? who's going to pay that much for plastic skis. So something might evolve from it

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
they have been working on that all composite skids since 98-99

I have pics of a protoype in 99 or 2000 that AD BOivin had been testing

and yes back in 1990 who in there right mind would have thought 99.9% of todays sleds would have plastic skis

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Plastic and Polymers have come a very long way an I think the cheap Mexican/China metals have made it's way alot easier. If anyone knows what a railroad knuckle is, it's a part that connects the railroad cars together in a train. The knuckle is held into place by a pin approx. 10" long by 1.5" round. We had so many cheap cast pins break on us that they started using a polymer/plastic pins. Yes, plastic/polmer pins help to keep 10,000 ton trains in one peice!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If I was in the market for a aftermarket suspension, I'd give it serious consideration. It's still $300-400 cheaper than a new M-10 with decent shocks direct from FAST.
I would expect some flaws for the first year production but, that goes with any product.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I copied the following from the FAQ section of the website

"The ZX2 includes two KYB shock absorbers that have the very unique positive sensitive system from AD Boivin, the G-ForceTM technology. This unique valving provides a real dual-behaviour to offer comfort for the majority of the ride and an anti-bottoming zone for more security and to suit aggressive rider needs."

Not sure if you don't see the one on the front because it is hidden by the composite swing arm or if they use both shocks side by side on the rear swing arm.

I did not see the amount of suspension travel listed anywhere on the website.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Very interesting but I think I would be be nervous being one of the first to invest in one before they have proven themselves. AD Boivin has a great rep but still scarey!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Just talked with SledTech Matt. I'm getting one. This IS the future guys...get on board.

Matt said he will be giving some sort of discount on the skid...not sure what but wont be on the skid price itself. Probly bulk order shipping savings and/or install. Skid will cost roughly $100-125 to ship to your door, so could be significant savings off that. If your going to get one..get it from him, http://sledtech.com or PM SledTech over on HCS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts