Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of a 2011 MP and have a lot of questions after reading a lot on here. I will try to keep to just a few questions at a time.
1. Why do a lot of people move the radiator up on top? I read somewhere that it improved performance but Im not sure I see how. Is the rad in a bad spot now?

2. I am mostly trail riding with some (very little) mudding. What should I be concerned with on this wheeler breaking or coming loose?

3. Last one. I read about moving the wiring harness because of rubbing thru the wires. Is this a problem on this year and if so any suggestions on where to move it to?

I am not picking the wheeler up until monday and it is a dealer demo still with a factory warranty and I am going to purchase the extended warranty and the cat care plan also. They told me 6 months ext. and 18 month cat care for $575. Is that a good price?

Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
well, from what I can tell about the radiator relocation, they are putting them up there, 1 it may allow it to cool a little better, but the main reason I believe is for those who are hardcore mudders. Having it up there allows the fan to stay out of most of the mud and crap, and also it does allow for easier cleaning of it after getting it full of mud and dirt. If your not going crazy deep or deep often, it should be fine where it is. On mine, I've found that the radiator does get clogged with mud and dirt, it can be hard to clean, but if I go in mud ,I usually run the hose down over it from the top for about 15 minutes to clean it out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is correct we move the radiator up top because it runs cooler in mud, the fan motor doesn't get mud in it and the radiator is much easier to keep clean. It's not that expensive either. Air Damm the clutches keep a eye on wiring harness check it regularly for chaffing. Arctic Cat winches sucks as do the brake pads but we are strictly mudders so you might not have the problems we do. Tough bike overall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is so bad about the arctic cat winches? Which winch would be better on the wheeler. I dont mud a lot but I ride the river and I have a feeling I will get stuck in the river so I will need a winch that wont fail me when I need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts