Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my son loves the new speed but after he has rode it for two days I noticed a new klonking noise from around the clutch area. Any help? Or do I need to change the stock clutch also?

·
Registered
321 Posts
CHECK THE CHAIN TENSION. MY 2 CENTS

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bet you will find little half moon metal pieces below your chain. These would be the chain rings that are around the link pins. My son's machine quickly chewed the rings almost instantly. I went out and bought a racing chain to replace it. That chain has stretched some, and I need to buy a good chain tensioner. The one that Arctic Cat uses is terrible! I think I am going to buy the one from the Olson Brothers. http://www.obups.com/Snowmobile/images/Dri...inAdjuster1.JPG

Chris Brandt

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Calcon @ Jan 3 2007, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bet you will find little half moon metal pieces below your chain. These would be the chain rings that are around the link pins. My son's machine quickly chewed the rings almost instantly. I went out and bought a racing chain to replace it. That chain has stretched some, and I need to buy a good chain tensioner. The one that Arctic Cat uses is terrible! I think I am going to buy the one from the Olson Brothers. http://www.obups.com/Snowmobile/images/Dri...inAdjuster1.JPG

Chris Brandt[/b]

Thanks Chris, I like the way that looks.

Ok, I checked out their site. A lot of cool stuff, but I have no idea about the different types of chains. Which one is stock and should I change it to the other one? Or not big deal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Ok, I checked out their site. A lot of cool stuff, but I have no idea about the different types of chains. Which one is stock and should I change it to the other one? Or not big deal?

Thanks![/b]
It should be a #35. Just bring your old chain with you when you go and pick one up. They cost around $20 to $40 depending on the type. The after market one I got appears much better than the stock chain. Also buy a good can of Chain lube. You should lube it every few days of riding or at least before each weekend trip. I bought mine at GO PRO it is an ATV, Dirt Bike and Snowmachine performance parts store.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Calcon @ Jan 3 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

Thanks![/b]
It should be a #35. Just bring your old chain with you when you go and pick one up. They cost around $20 to $40 depending on the type. The after market one I got appears much better than the stock chain. Also buy a good can of Chain lube. You should lube it every few days of riding or at least before each weekend trip. I bought mine at GO PRO it is an ATV, Dirt Bike and Snowmachine performance parts store.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts