Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the go ahead to buy a new set of mudtires for my modded 500 manual. I want to get 27" or larger mudzillas / Outlaws or 30 inch mudlights (cheap). I think unless I find a great deal I will be mounting them on my stock rims. I will probably run these tires 1/2 the time (ie with the boys on shorter runs) and run my 589's for the longer trips or with the wife. I have a line on some cheap mudzilla's but I really want the 29.5 outlaws. Any advice is welcome, for deals, what I can safely run anything.

WC

·
Registered
487 Posts
Im sorry man but theirs no way your going to turn 29.5 laws. Maybe go with a 27 outlaw or a 27 mudzilla but either than that your out of luck. Dont get mudlightas as a mud tire they suck in the mud. And 28 zillas are just as bad as 29.5 laws. If i was you id go with a 27 outlaw.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ive seen several people running 29.5 outlaws on 500 m and they have the same mods a you and have no problems turning them. If thats what you really want then get the outlaws.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the issue with the v2 the belts/clutch set up not the power. Lets hear from the people that have the larger outlaws, mudzillas or mudlite xxls.

WC

·
Registered
279 Posts
check out the MUD BITCH tires at ATV OUTFITTERS. 6ply,1 1/2 lugs, rim guard, 4 tyres (27")= $380. buddy was checkin these tyres and was sayin
27"is actually 28". if your thinkin of runnin these tyres or the others mentioned ur thumb will have to be restrained or axel upgrade needed!

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Mar 15 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im sorry man but theirs no way your going to turn 29.5 laws. Maybe go with a 27 outlaw or a 27 mudzilla but either than that your out of luck. Dont get mudlightas as a mud tire they suck in the mud. And 28 zillas are just as bad as 29.5 laws. If i was you id go with a 27 outlaw.[/b]

WHAT man you have not see a 500m in action have your :devil_angry: check my pic in my link the 500m with a 2" snorkel rejet and HMF,EPI clutch kit, will spin them just fine and never burn a belt

Attachments

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
yep what ever

·
Registered
92 Posts
I"m coming in a little late but i owned a v2 and anything over a 27 is certain belt problems. I had 28 mudzillas and went threw the first couple of holes and i thought it was bad until i got out of the water and in the mud. Bad belt slipping. A 500m will most definintly turn 29.5 laws. I've seen more than i have fingers and toes. In fact, they were the ones pulling me out..

·
Registered
182 Posts
From what Ive heard the 04 and 05 V2 had the problems with smoking the belt. I ride with a guy who has a 04 v2 and 29.5 laws and he has no problems since he installed a clutch kit.

·
Registered
782 Posts
A properly adjusted belt and there are NOOOOO problems turning 29.5 with the V2, Mud lites are GREAT in the mud no they are not outlaws, but i dont need 1200 worth of axles to not worry about it. As for your 500 it will turn the outlaws all day the really thick stuff might give you problems but the guys down here run them all the time. Outlaws will shake the teeth out of your head when you are going slow, and heavy throttle breaks axle :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
cant remember how many clutch spring combos i tried and none of them worked very well. But there is a reason mud nationals is held in this area of the country. The mud is a BEAST.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts