Arctic Cat Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
just 2 bolts in the front idk im a bit skeptical about not having anything in the back wouldnt it just flop around or break cuz i need this thing to be bulletproof when im beating on it

·
Registered
75 Posts
just 2 bolts in the front idk im a bit skeptical about not having anything in the back wouldnt it just flop around or break cuz i need this thing to be bulletproof when im beating on it. i dont understand do i have to reach inside the seat to tighten these bolts and the seat is unremovable or do i install somthing else to help hold it down it looks trick tho and im 6'5 so i would like somthing a little higher

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coombia21 @ Feb 2 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bought the kit tonight paid 165 from my local dealer for the whole telescopic riser i have it half installed but need to finish install

kerry do you have any pictures of the riser up close i want to see how you routed your wiring

thanks dan[/b]

hi dan
i was checking some older post and came across this...how did you make out? mine is stock i did not install.i don't have pics right handy,i could however get them but i pretty sure you have your set up by now.

·
Registered
360 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snofrog @ Jan 10 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just out of curiosity why is there resistance to simply change out to longer bolts ?[/b]
You have to drop the suspension to get at the heads of the bolts and you practically need a sheet metal wrench to hold the big aluminum nuts after you pry up the gas tank. It sucks knowing the bolts are only 1/4" longer but there is probably 3/16 of plastic you now need to hold down so changing them out is usually the better way to go. Or at least keep them and change them next time you have the track down...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone know if that seat will fit on a 2006 F7? I want to buy a new seat for my Firecat but i am having a hard time finding a boss seat...

·
Registered
129 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SledCrew @ Aug 1 2010, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone know if that seat will fit on a 2006 F7? I want to buy a new seat for my Firecat but i am having a hard time finding a boss seat...[/b]

be to wide and the mounting is different on the firecat seats

·
Registered
222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catrider800 @ Feb 2 2010, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know the seat is setup more for powder riding, but how does everyone like them for trail riding? Other than the lack of wind protection due to the higher setup are there any disadvantages. After a while it seams like Im sitting too low on my 09 stock seat especially when swapping back and forth on my buddies F8 SP. Seems like the higher seating postion would put you in a more aggressive position. Are they as soft as the stock seat? The boss felt way to firm imo especially when riding rough trails. Just looking to get a first hand opinion before I look at picking one up.[/b]

I see no one provided any feedback to this......and I am thinking of purchasing this seat for my XF and would to also know the answer to the above?

Cheers!

·
Registered
703 Posts
James, the M seat is awesome. My buddy Kerry rides one and they are very confortable and IMO puts the riding in a more conformable possition. Not just for standing or getting up to stand, but a less crouched possition, straighter back and more bar leverage. With they came on all Xfires. These are drastically more cushy than the Boss seats and have tons of storage.

You are elevated so you do eat a little more wind, but nothing crazy, even better with a stock windshield height (mine is cut down 3.5" from stock and with a Boss seat, I can feel the cold).

Some have the opionion that the center of gravity is now higher than that of the lower seats, but I beleive the added leverage and maneuverability overcomes the higher rider COG for the better. And for the price, really is a win win.

Think you'd love it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with F_ast

Its real nice and if you like to carry spare gas its the perfect setup, the stocker seat blows bottom line.....

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
yes....everything ryan said very true....i love it...even cruising down the trail,non-aggresively after a big lunch or a big day in the back country and were coming home...it is a perfect height for comfort mode.....hips above the knees ratio.and you can push way back and stretch your legs...theres room
i even cruise with the bars pulled down low and just enjoy my sled.feels good.i'm 41 years old a feel the aches and pains that sledding can bring or self-inflict too!!! lol so this seat is a nice combination for sit down, stand up or old school kneeling.
cat hit this one out of the park!

p.s. and lots of room to carry bags or fuel behind you as well!!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
What kind of room is there if I had to do some 2 up riding
Not much! The only 2 up riding I have done is with my 3 year old son and he sits in front of me. If your thinking of going on tour with your woman on the back it will be crowded and you most likely will be sitting up on the gas tank.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts