Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an '09 crossfire 8 and im getting some accessories for it. I'm looking at the new 2010 mountain seats BUT, I'm not sure how my particular sled will look with one. If anybody has pics, please post them! Please include the top of the tunnel behind the seat so I can see how much is showing if possible....thanks!

-Shaun

·
Registered
286 Posts
Gave up my Boss seat for this one, very happy. Pic kinda sucks because of camera phone,

Thats my 09 XFire with the following:

D&D Ypipe (91 only)
Speedwerx Can (Used Burandt Can)
2.25" Power Claw

Side vents are next on the list,

·
Registered
286 Posts
huh, that didn;t work, lets try again.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that looks great! What did you do about the 2 metal peices and the plastic peice that hold the stock seat on? Did you just leave them as they are?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The two metal pieces are just bolted from bottom of tunnel and he plastic piece can be drilled out. One these three things are remove just fill the holes wih rivots.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Both seats look great, any changes need to be made for mounting other than the above mentioned? I have my seat ordered but of course it's on backorder. Dog

·
Registered
286 Posts
If your talking about the high rise seat, then no, it mounts to the gas tank existing bolts, thats it, real easy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my 2008 crossfire sno pro with new seat and telescoping steering shaft Cat happy
I used the existing bolts to fasten the seat, little short but it works :beer_cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
does anyone know if u can just bolt it up on a 2006 crosfire and if you can
i would like part number please :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Forreboy you have the same year sled as me, I have the crossfire 1000, added the telescoping bars as well, how do you like them? I also put some fox floats on. Im glad someone has the same sled as me with the new mountain seat. Did you have to do any fiddling with it? Or does it just snap on. I was thinking about getting that seat but not sure

Here is my baby

[/img]if it doesn't fit the best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you HAVE to remove the pins and plastic tabs on the tunnel, Im thinking about going the other way, putting an old seat on my 2010 M8 SP LE. The reason for this is that i need to have my wife with me up the moutain to the cabin, up there i can swich the seat and go solo up the hills :-D

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, you don't have to remove the pins and plastic tabs on tunnel
you mount the seat on the bolts that hold the gastank. There are longer bolts included with the seats, because with the existing shorter bolts there is not enough space for brackets.
The existing bolts are little short but it works, but a bracket might be good for better support on the seat bottom
Zerox, that's a really nice looking sled where did you buy that windshield ?
I think that new seat is really worth money, big storage! fits like a backpack and waterproof
not as hard as the new boss seat
not as slippy as the older one, really good grip on top !

·
Registered
60 Posts
[attachment=142266:IMG_2968.JPG]they say its 3.5lbs lighter than the stocker.........i say B*&*^T, its like 13lbs lighter than the stocker. when the stocker gets wet and foam sucks and holds on to the water from the cooler and the tunnel that thing is like 30lbs.. the new seat ROCKS!!!!.... the anchors there were on the tunnel for the stock seat just pull out, two 10mm nuts if i remember correctly........leaves 2 LITTLE baby holes, put a sticker over then, youll never even notice. stock gas tank bolts fix the seat on nice, it aint moving.

pray for more snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks forreboy, I got the windshield a.k.a flyscreen from my local cat dealer.

2006TS that seat looks mean, not gonna lie when I first saw these seats I hated them, but after seeing them on the crossfires they sure look great. Nice to hear they are comfortable as well. Heard the boss seats kinda suck. Do not like the new ones at all. Way to many zippers and compartments.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with you, it was the same for me, I thought the new look to short and weird.
But now I think it looks really good, and the old one is just looking big and fat
there is always some time to get used to new styles

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just ordered one of these and they told me it wouldn't work and found this thread with a pic of a sled just like mine! NOW IM PUMPED! It looks sweet! I figured I could make it work! Thanks guys! Rockerdude

1 - 20 of 74 Posts