Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got mine yesterday and mounted them up. if your installing acerbis handgaurds you will need to enlarge the mounting holes on the handgaurds to 3/16, they are a little too small for the mounting bolt. you will need a torx 15 to remove the original mounting screws, a srewdriver type is needed as the screws are about an inch inside the controls. a torx 20 for the new screws, thats it all the new hardware needed to mount is in the kit. very nice and clean. does kind of dictate how high you want your brake and throttle, if you want the guards to look even, well worth having to adjust my brake and throttle settings to keep my little fingers from freezing off!!! will try to remember to take the camera to the shop and snap a couple of pics. sure looks sweet with the low chrome windshield!!! oh yeah if your having problems with your left handwarmer, check the black wire at the 3 wire conector inside the control, have seen 4 different M's with this wire sticking out about 1/4 of an inch. remove it and square it in the hole and push it all the way in. have fixed all 4 by just installing the wire in the connector properly.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
throttle side mounts to two of the four screws that hold the kill switch part together, the brake side mounts to one of the four screws that hold the warmer controls together and the pin for the brake lever. they send you a bolt and nut to replace the pin and clip that hold the brake lever on. ment to take some pics but the old kodak has decided it has taken its last pic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got my'n the other day and installed them with Acerbis guards. I do have two bitches though. Trying to screw in the new longer screw on the brake side, the head stripped out. :angry: Also coming from the motorcross days I like my brake lever pointing in a downward position but this is not a choice if you want the guards to be even.

I do admit though, they look sweet. woot For those interested I still have the stock windshield on with a two inch riser with very minimal touching on the brake side. Rode 50 miles and that didn't seem to be a problem at all.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was planning on posting pics of mine but my camera decided to die, will hopefully have a new one by the weekend and will try and post some pics. rode saturday with them on, left the gloves off for half the day just to make my buds jealous...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hope you guys get your cameras fixed, I would like to see some pics.
I too am thinking of installing Ole 2" riser on my Crossfire and hope will create enough clearance.
Maybe a set of these http://www.acerbis.com/p106_handguard/5510.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got mine on an M1000 last weekend. Bit of a pain to install since I had to drill out the gurad backet and get screwes BUT... They work with my left hand throttle bracket on the throttle side and they work with my left hand throttle on the left side.

Kudos to AC for the brackets very nice. I have a 3" riser and it clears easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts