Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched top to bottom, inside and outside of arcticchat, highlifter, Mud in my Blood, ect ect.

People are telling me because my cups are white that i have the new "LAGRER" MP axles, which there completely wrong in even thinking of this, as our 2011 700 LE has white cups and isnt even a MP,

I have exploded all 4 of my stock 08 axles, then installed all 4 white cups over a year ago. I exploded my left front locking axle

I want to do the NEW (LARGER) MP axles, I hear there is a mod that needs to be done, Grinding, bending, heating, ect. something with the A-ARM or KNUCKLE,

Can someone please help me in either telling me what needs to be modded, cut, grind, or whatever, maybe even some photos of some them installed.

Please be correct in the white cups you have as from what i understand they are not plug and play for the older machines Mine being an 08

thanks in advance :Bangin:

·
Administrator
7,946 Posts
The white cup axles are about all you can get now, if your machine and the mud pro interchange axles. I believe your 08 can use the mud pro axles and thats what Cat will send you.
Look at it this way, with 30 inch tires, the axle can be the sarcaficial link between the tire and the differential ( ouch$$$$)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knock on wood, no diff issues!!

I have two spare 3.6 diffs sitting here powder coated and ready to go in if an issue.

As for these axles. It appears the 2013 MP Axles are huge and need modding for install, Country cat has them side by side and the new one is HUGE. There are photos of them side by side here on the forums, I need them and just want to hear first hand what needs the grinding to install

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
The 2011/12 MudPro axles are not the same whitecupped axles as the replacement white cupped axles you'd get by ordering new replacements for your 08 700. You must specify a 2011/12 Mudpro 1000 axle when ordering axles.

I kept breaking the front left (locker) axle and then ordered the 2011/12 MP 1000 front axles and have had zero issues and absolutly love them. There is slight and I mean slight modification needed on the axle/wheel HUBS, not the A arms. I took a 4" grinder and took off maybe an 1/8" of the top side of the bottom ball joint bolt area, and had to do this for the outer edge of the joint to freely move while the axle turns.
Order the 2011/12 MP 1000 axles and rest assured all you'll need is 60 seconds with a grinder to get them in once the old axles are out. I don't believe you'll need a torch or have to heat anything as I didn't...just a grinder. If you have any questions, ask them here or pm your # to me as I'm not on here much lately.
Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mike, soon as i get the axle here in my hand, and need any additional assistance, I will PM you. I will take photos of what and where to grind for others on the forum. Im just going to do both fronts for now.

Reactions: holeshot76

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ordered 2013 MUD PRO 1000 front left locking axle from Country cat for $189 in stock, last one, and on the way!

Now im sure this should make the right side explode!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Keep us updated on the progress... these may be my replacement rear axles if I break my current factory set up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some/Most of these cat dealerships have no idea what im talking about when I say I need the NEW LARGE white cup axle. They continue to tell me all the whites are the new ones. LOL!

Took about 4 phone calls between keith and brandon at country cat till I got what i needed, Even had keith put the axle up to another one to see the difference. and long behold BOOM, he said WOW you were right it is def larger : )

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
The first pic is a stock spindle, the second is where it's been clearanced for the larger MudPro outers.

Happy grinding. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts