Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for shocks for a 01 or 02 (not sure on exact year/not sure if it makes a differnce) zr 440 sno pro skid i bought off a guy for 100 bucks brand new never used, he said it sat on the shelf since it was new but didnt come with any shocks. Ive seen alot of debate on here between brands of shocks. I just wana know whats gona be worth the time and effort to get. i can get a set of kimpex nitro shock locally at Royal Distrubting for about $80 bucks a peice, or if i were to get used Act fox shocks id have to get them off ebay witch will be about $350 with shipping plus the cost of rebuilding them. I just want a second opinion on witch route i should take.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I was just looking on eBay at Fox shocks for ZR's. Seems to be quite a few on there in nice shape for around $100 each. If you spend $160 on shocks that might be tossed in a couple years, the fox ones just seem to make more sense to me. Not to mention and handling difference between them. If you're close enough to me, I can show you how to do the fluid and nitrogen yourself in the fox shocks.

·
5,963 Posts
IMO get rid of the Early Crosslinks. Set it up with Two independent shocks

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just looking on eBay at Fox shocks for ZR's. Seems to be quite a few on there in nice shape for around $100 each. If you spend $160 on shocks that might be tossed in a couple years, the fox ones just seem to make more sense to me. Not to mention and handling difference between them. If you're close enough to me, I can show you how to do the fluid and nitrogen yourself in the fox shocks.
Could you find me a few good links on ebay when you got a minute? For the front arm shock id like to get a complete shock with spring and everything as i dont have the spring and havent been able to source one out. As for being close to you im about 2 hrs away but i have a buddy that works down there, might be able to get together an show me how to do the fluids n nitrogen. Illl also bring my OEM stator to be rewound to.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
If Dave is gonna hook you up, I won't bother posting any eBay links. Dave, Do those ACT's just need a refresh or are the leaking oil?

Basically the front one should be about 11.5" and rear about 14.5". There are some minor differences in length between models, but it won't be noticeable.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If Dave is gonna hook you up, I won't bother posting any eBay links. Dave, Do those ACT's just need a refresh or are the leaking oil?

Basically the front one should be about 11.5" and rear about 14.5". There are some minor differences in length between models, but it won't be noticeable.
How much does it usally cost for seals and everything needed for a rebuild? Heres a few pictures of the shock Dave has. Cant really see the rear one. Thanks for the pics Dave. Are any of the shafts bent?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The shocks are straight, the rear on has a little surface rust on one part of the shaft, I don't know if it needs replacing or not. That guy in drayton I was talking about will put in the new seals, oil and recharged for $45. He sells shafts too if it needs it, I think they were around $40

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Rust of the shaft will eat up seals pretty quick.
Yea i wouldnt doubt it im not in a rush lots of time before the snow flys i dont know if ill be able to get the new Sno Pro skid in my EXT this year or not, think ill save up some cash and get new ones or used ones if i can find a good pair that dont need rebuild. The skid is brand new so why not get shocks to match. Id like to find a front shock that already has the spring with it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.