Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up my first sled! It is a 1998 powder special 600 EFI LE. It has 3840 miles on it. So far it runs great. Can anyone give me some insider information on this sled? I can use anything, maintenance tips, recommendations etc. I am new to sleds so any information and knowledge you are willing to share is appreciated.

What designates the LE from a standard 600 EFI?

Looking forward to a great season.
Thanks,
Brian Wilson

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bpwilson @ Nov 10 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up my first sled! It is a 1998 powder special 600 EFI LE. It has 3840 miles on it. So far it runs great. Can anyone give me some insider information on this sled? I can use anything, maintenance tips, recommendations etc. I am new to sleds so any information and knowledge you are willing to share is appreciated.

What designates the LE from a standard 600 EFI?

Looking forward to a great season.
Thanks,
Brian Wilson[/b]
LE of the top of my head meant the PS600 EFI LE had 41" ski stance like the ZRs and 1.25 x136 track vs 38ski stance and 2" x 136 track of the reg PS 600 EFI

·
Registered
737 Posts
Welcome to the site. The 600 is a great sled with a well proven engine. Make sure you keep the suspension, the bearing on the driven pulley side of the driven shaft and the speedometer adapter located below the driven pulley greased. Keep an eye on the bolts if your skid frame so the don't become loose and egg out the holes for the bolts. Other than that just do your regular maintenance and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts