Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please have some patience with me, as I know this topic has been discussed numerous times, but i’m still in need of a minute of help.
I just purchased a brand new (holdover) 2015 M8000 a few months ago. Its my 9th Cat. I’ve broken it in properly, put less than 400 miles on it, and was absolutely in Love with it, until.......in the middle of a ride (just after a snack break) it decides to NOT START. The outside temp was a perfect 35-40 degrees. This Sled was absolutely awesome, until this problem occurred. I’ve had it in some gnarly steep and deep areas and have had to roll it a few times to get it out of these areas. I’ve read all of the old threads i could find, and it appears to be an ongoing issue with these new versions of Cats that the fuel lines sometimes suck an air pocket in when rolled. (My 2 King Cats were rolled plenty of times and would just start up, run fat for a minute, and clean themselves out.)😂😂
I have good spark on the 2015, and it fires for a second with starting fluid sprayed into the cylinder. I know nothing about jumping the fuel pump or the relay, or where either of these are located on my Sled. Can someone provide either clear instructions of how to prime the fuel pumps, injectors, etc?? Pics would really help. I’ve never had a Sled with such limited space in the motor compartment that you need to be a contortionist to change the spark plugs.
Any help is much appreciated.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
42 views and not a single response. Based on other websites, this is a common problem with the 800,EFIs. If anyone actually gives a rats ass, I ended up disconnecting the fuel pump, and wiring a temporary jumper back to the battery (black wire on fuel pump to negative, red wire to positive), to prove that the pump was working (pumping the fuel into a plastic jug). After reconnecting the furl hose, I primed the pump again with the jumper, removed the jumper, connected the wiring, and she started right up. I’m going to permanently wire the jumper up to a switch for next time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please have some patience with me, as I know this topic has been discussed numerous times, but i’m still in need of a minute of help.
I just purchased a brand new (holdover) 2015 M8000 a few months ago. Its my 9th Cat. I’ve broken it in properly, put less than 400 miles on it, and was absolutely in Love with it, until.......in the middle of a ride (just after a snack break) it decides to NOT START. The outside temp was a perfect 35-40 degrees. This Sled was absolutely awesome, until this problem occurred. I’ve had it in some gnarly steep and deep areas and have had to roll it a few times to get it out of these areas. I’ve read all of the old threads i could find, and it appears to be an ongoing issue with these new versions of Cats that the fuel lines sometimes suck an air pocket in when rolled. (My 2 King Cats were rolled plenty of times and would just start up, run fat for a minute, and clean themselves out.)😂😂
I have good spark on the 2015, and it fires for a second with starting fluid sprayed into the cylinder. I know nothing about jumping the fuel pump or the relay, or where either of these are located on my Sled. Can someone provide either clear instructions of how to prime the fuel pumps, injectors, etc?? Pics would really help. I’ve never had a Sled with such limited space in the motor compartment that you need to be a contortionist to change the spark plugs.
Any help is much appreciated.....

I found try tipping the sled on the left hand side ( sitting on the sled ) I belive this is what we did to my buddys and it would remove any air ... i cant remember exactly why it was the tipping it to the left side but i feel it would push any air up and out of the line ... if you don't mind to let me know how this works if you do try it ! good luck !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I’m concerned that tipping it may have caused the problem to begin with. Today, I wired a red and black pigtail straight to the red and black fuel pump lines, with a male cigarette lighter adapter attached. It will be stored permanently in the small pouch below the handlebars. I think I’m good to go for next time it acts up. Maybe I need to market this device ?? 😂😂

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you..... hoping for a few more good rides before I break out the summer toys.
Happy Sledding.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts