Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flippin thru the april issue of dirt wheels, on page 113, i see an add for Pre snorkeled exhaust's from HMF that they are callin Swamp Series, but HMF's website is not showing the exhaust anywhere, and internet searches aren't bringing up any info. Has anyone else seen/heard of these and if so know where to check out some price's and what model's they're being made for? i'd much rather pay for something like this, then weld up my own and risk havin it crack.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I e-mailed HMF, and they said sent me a link to there web site showing all the quads they are going to make it for. The AC700 is the only one for the Cats they are going to make, not the 500 or 650!
I replied and told them that they are loosing a lot of money, and if they were really researching mud bikes, take a visit for once to one of the big mud riding events, and see what the majority of mud bikes are, and build pipes for them. Oh well, there loss.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Instead of hijacking blackcats thread over in the performance section, I figured I would do a search to see if there was a thread on this subject and bring it back up for discussion.

I was wondering what you guys think it would take to get HMF to make this pipe for Cats?

Vince

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I really think they dont like the Arctic Cat line as they never want to talk about makeing a muffler for the AC, and the HMF they do make does not fit like it should..

The Super Trapp Mud Slinger fits very nice and can be bought with a snorkel pipe on it..

·
Registered
722 Posts
But how loud is it? The main reason I want the Swamp Series is for how quiet it is. I use my machine for hunting (not off of it but getting to the stand or getting game out) so noise is my enemy. Plus I am a big believer that noise closes riding areas in a lot situations.

Vince

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just went and researched it myself and it says 96db but it has packing so you would almost def want to get the snorkel with it.

Vince

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
both times i called them they said they can't get their hands on one b/c there are no dealers close by. am i the only one that is thinking BS??? I dunno at the same time they told me this last month they also said that polaris's & can-ams were just as scarce. they have them for the can-ams. i posted a comment about this last month: http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry619468

the supertrapp slip looks nice however they only make it for a.c. 500's. i called black magic & they said that they could weld two spark screens together to quiet it down but that would slow it down some too. why can't any after market take care of & give us what we want? hmf, muzzy & black magic all said we could fab up our own snorkels & use the end caps to hold them in but this aside from the intent of the pipe. bang your head :fiddle :bs: wtslap :help badcomputer

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
the super trapp will fit the 500 650 700H1 and the Thunder cat..:D
all those ACs take the same pipe

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
i will say even though this black majic slip on is for a 650 h1 its rather quiet,b/m claims 87 dec at idle and to be honest it roughly as loud as my stocker modded which is reasonable.
one thing for sure its alot cripser and cleaner sounding and a deeper tone.
hmf exh is way too loud for riding trails out here, hmf is too abnoxious loud for the perf gain imo.

·
Registered
405 Posts
They say they are making it for the 700EFI...how hard would it be for them to make it for the 500, 650 H1? For that matter, how hard would it be for US to "make" it fit those bikes?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (massmudder @ Feb 21 2008, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i will say even though this black majic slip on is for a 650 h1 its rather quiet,b/m claims 87 dec at idle and to be honest it roughly as loud as my stocker modded which is reasonable.
one thing for sure its alot cripser and cleaner sounding and a deeper tone.
hmf exh is way too loud for riding trails out here, hmf is too abnoxious loud for the perf gain imo.[/b]
Did you mean 97db??? When i spoke w/Arne Jr. he couldn't give me an exact db level. He said their pipe was comparable to HMF's. Around 98db. BlackCat650's pipe seemed louder than 98db to me although it was just a vid. I might look into the Supertrapp exhaust. One thing baffles me tho, why would HMF need to dyno all the Cat's (500, 650. 700's & 1000) when other manufacturers like BM are saying that certain pipes for certaint bikes will work on others as well? Kinda defeats the purpose right???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts