Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I received my springs in the mail yesterday. And yes they too were packaged wrong. The rear springs were marked front and the fronts were marked for the rear. I also used the highlifter manual that molsondrinkr posted and built my own tool. It took longer to make the tool than it did to swap out the springs. Approximately 2 hours total. There isn't any sag anymore and I gained an additional 1 1/4 inches ground clearance. I have a little over 14 inches of clearance now. Will try it out this weekend and see how it rides now. Thanks again molsondrinkr.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
:needpics:

Everyone said mine seemed to be taller after too, but I am unsure if that is from just gaining back what I had lost in sag, or if it did in fact add. Either way, after all the messing around, I am happy with them.

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Registered
456 Posts
if it did raise the machine let us know if you have any axle problems. You shouldn't have any but just for heads up info for those of us who are thinking of doing the same.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
shouldn't be any problem, just eliminates the sag. still the stock shock with highlifter yellow springs so same amount of travel, no problem on the axles.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Must have pictures!!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
How are the springs lift any easier on the axles then a 1 1//2" lift kit?

WC

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
correct me if i am wrong but you are still using the stock shock, which will only extend so far (15.75 in the front and 15.25 in the rear) just stiffer springs so basically still factory spec's but stiffer springs.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
no your right lift springs will only keep the stock lenght on everything maxed out and will no give any real lift unless your springs are sagging.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
How does the ground clearance end up over 14" if there is no lift?

WC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts