Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2001 ZR800 haven't owned a sled for over thirty years but recently moved to New Hampshire and mt yard has direct access to the trail system. I grew up in the Adirondaks and rode as a kid but in my 30 years in the Navy I never lived anywhere you could Ride without dragging one for a couple of hours.

I got the sled from my Brother in Law hasn't been used in a couple of years a got it running and so far it seems to run ok although it smokes something fierce. Haven't had a chance to do much more than that although I've been looking around here some and need to get start on making sure things are ok before snow flies. My brother has another one just like it that he's gonna let me use so I've got one for the wife to ride.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm floating around here.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Glad to have ya floating around!

The smoke will clear out on your first ride. Wouldn't worry too much about that. Wish my yard butted up to trails, you're a lucky guy!!

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
rneal55555, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

30 years away from sledding is a very long time!

And I thought missing one winter was the end of the world!!!! ;) :lol:

Man, you're going to love being back on a sled after such a long time.

It's like a bicycle, once your brain is programmed for it, you never forget!

How about some pics of your Cat(s)? :pics;

:chug:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Welcome to the site you will love riding again. My place is right off the trails also and it sure is nice to be able to fire up the sled and just hit the trails.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Nov 11 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
rneal55555, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

30 years away from sledding is a very long time!

And I thought missing one winter was the end of the world!!!! ;) :lol:

Man, you're going to love being back on a sled after such a long time.

It's like a bicycle, once your brain is programmed for it, you never forget!

How about some pics of your Cat(s)? :pics;

:chug:[/b]
Most of those 30 years were in Southeast Connecticut, Virginia Beach, and Orlando. So it would have involved some heavy duty trailer pulling. CT wouldn't have been to bad 3 or 4 hours but between work, wife, kids etc it would have been a couple of times a year at best. T did extend the Motorcycle season though.

Been thinking about getting some pics to post should have done it before I put her under the back deck.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
First off, welcome. Second, I own a 01 ZR 800 also and man it ain't like it was 30 years ago. When you squeeze that thumb throttle, hold on. Third, I also am a rneil, just spelled different. If you have any problems with that sled, give me a p.m. as I have been through them from bottom to top and inside to out. I have a great clutch recipe that will stand that machine up. Again welcome. Ron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts