Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a new sled and now I need a new helmet I have been using the hjc c-12 for a couple years now and been satisfied but I need a new shield and it has been dropped several times so I am looking for new helmet looking at the Scorpion 400 or even another hjc or arctic cat helmet. can't find reviews on the web so I am looking for some reviews from all of you to kinda decide what I should get. I have tried all them on all seen comfortable but looking also to be good helmets when riding ? Any inputs would help

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've always used HJC helmets. When I picked up my new sled (2002 ZR800 ), it
had a plug for the heated visor and rather than buy a heated visor for my existing
HJC Cs-Air (the green one), since I needed a third helmet ( now I have three sleds ),
I bought another HJC helmet with the electric shield on it (the black/silver one).

Call me brand loyal, but that's just my 2 cents worth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
For full face helmets, I'd recommend the AC TXi or the HJC CL-15sn. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have the 2006 A/C snowcross helmet and hhave had problems ever since I bought it, screws for visor comming loose (actually lost the top one) Started chipping at the bottom by the rubber edging after the first week. After three weeks the lead dog led light fell off (during a powder ride, now lost forever) and ever since it chips if the wind blows to hard at it lol.
But on the other hand it is the warmest I've had and also the most comfortable, which are major plus. I might have just got a lemmon off the line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 Crosstec Helmet from A/C and it is nice until it gets below 15 degrees and than it fogs up. I had a HJC with an electric shield which I believe is the perfect way to do any type of riding in any type of weather. Look also at Ski Doo's helmet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you're not set on a full face helmet, I'd go with HJC's CL open face line. The helmets are light and a good value. I never get cold in mine. Then buy a good pair of double lens goggles with a quick strap system and your all set. You can get breath boxes for certain helmets as well to keep the cold out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have trouble finding helmets that even fit. My head measures 25.5" but it means little from brand to brand. After a couple months of digging and reading I've found MFG's use different molds and head shapes. Some are rounder shaped, some are more elongated, etc. Just make sure you have contact at all points on your head when wearing, e.g. top of head touches, sides touch and slightly snug but not uncomfortable. Go for fit, functionality, safety and then looks. Remember why we wear them. :Bangin:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have and like the Arctic Cat TXi helmets, they have a foam goggle piece that goes around the eyes that keep the shield from fogging up, and the helmet from bouncing around on your head, also has a visor that comes in handy for coming around those corners into that afternoon sun and blocking the roost from your buddy infront of you. I have a heated shield for it, but have never had to use it. only problem with this type is you have to almost take it off to talk to your buddies. You will find your best deals on helmets at snow shows or Hay Days, I usually get them about half price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.