Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi. Im 25 out of Houston and just purchased a arctic cat 400 auto about 1 hour ago. I have been reading these forums for quite some time and alot of the post on here d me to todays purchase. I take delivery tues and will post up some actions shots asap.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the new Cat. The fun hasn't started just wait till you start pulling out all of your buddies :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
It's nice to have you on board Scott. Arctic Cat's products sell themselves, the guys on this board make the icing on the cake.

Rockerdude

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VT ArcticCat @ Feb 24 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Welcome, and congrats on the new Cat. The fun hasn't started just wait till you start pulling out all of your buddies :beer_cheers:[/b]
yeah my buddy has a 2 hondas I have probably spend more than 20 hours riding. I can tell just by the looks the AC is going to be the recovery rig, I cant wait

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticDad @ Feb 24 2007, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's nice to have you on board Scott. Arctic Cat's products sell themselves, the guys on this board make the icing on the cake.

Rockerdude[/b]
I agree. And great sig, my brother just finished AIT for the army and will be in Germany monday.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Welcome to AC This is a great place to chat and learn some great stuff about your cats. Congrats on the new 400 you will love it.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Hey Scott,
Welcome aboard man! Is this your first quad or have you had previous ones? Either way, I'm sure you'll love your new Cat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a 400 for 3 yaers and loved it. The only reason I did not keep it was I wanted a 650. The 400 will do anything you want it do and go anywhere you want it to go, It just wont win any drag races. Keep one thing in mind the more you ride it the faster it will go, as you break in the new motor. By the way I love the look of the new body style on the 400's, I think it looks better than the bigger A.C.'s

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Rico brings up a great point in that the more miles you put on that rig, the more she'll come alive. I bought a V2 and it was great out of the crate. At 800 miles she was still opening my eyes with the amount of power she kept gaining. It was amazing!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! Im looking fwd to next weekend when I can get out in the woods and really break this thing in properly

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Ya Welcome aboard Scott, Hope you enjoy that new wheeler, I know I love mine... And post up some piks when ya get it home..Like Sanny said also it will come to life more and more after you get some miles on it so if it feels like it is kind of sluggish just keep running it more to break it in. mine took about 1000 miles to really feel the potential of it

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, I will give it some time to break in before I flog on it. One question thought, I have heard some rumors that the 400's have poorly placed air intakes and can suck in water. How high can I go before I need to watch out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
as far as i know the air boxes are set up the same on 400, 500 650. when i getr thru riding i drain my drains and clean my filter out a snorkel is deffiently the way to go.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
welcome call Welcome to the board. If your's is like my TRV, the intake is under the plastic, under the front rack, just watch that nose when you're headed into the water. If you ride much water, snorks are definitely in order. Again, welcome and have a ball.
JD

:ridepride:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got a free 3 yr warranty with it, will a snorkel void out my warranty? Thanks again for the help guys, cant wait to take delivery tomorrow

1 - 19 of 19 Posts