Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the red spring with good results on my 011 800 ho but I think its starting to get sacked out as r's are no longer reaching peak on loose trail or in warmer weather. (I might be expecting to much hehehe)This new green spring seems very close to the gold. Anyone have more specifics on the gold rate versus the new green? BTW, I did not like the yel/wht spring (stocker) as sled was real touchy at typical trail speeds and over reved in lighter shift modes at those trail speeds.
Green= 75/285
Gold 75/275

My ho was pulling 8100 all day when that red spring was fresh. red= 74/228. I'm thinkin the gold is a bit less finish rate than the green making better use of stock weights. Thoughts?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, my rev issue was a stretched belt @ 1500 miles, problem solved. I ran the green spring, put 130 miles on it. It is so close to the red in terms of performance. Same 3k ish engagement, same shift speed( makes great use of stock weights BTW), and top end is suprisingly close to the red with maybe a couple hundred more rpms at full shift. with red I was getting 8050 and holding in most conditions, and with green r's would climb to 8150 on digital display. This is loading the engine correctly w/ stock weights. It took Cat 3 model years to realize a better shift rate could be had on the h.o. with a softer spring. You cant go wrong with the red or the green imo, they are both so very close. Lose the yellow...it sucks gas, under leverages the weights with a slow shift up speed, and has an annoying over rev in light load conditions.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
how do you think the yellow will work in a 2004 snopro 600 efi ??1.25 paddle, lightly studded ,100# rider ..( my sons )

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do you think the yellow will work in a 2004 snopro 600 efi ??1.25 paddle, lightly studded ,100# rider ..( my sons )
lots of variables there and I'm not familiar with the 600 in that year. best thing to do is find your target rpm and load motor as much as it will take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts