Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded a 2005 Yamaha Vector and bought a 2007 f-6 Artic Cat

Yamaha guys please dont kill me we still have 4 more yamahas in the garage
I just wanted a 2 stroke to play with and really loved the look and features of the f-6

Anyways I need a few questions answered(I am brand new to this 2 stroke deal)

The dealer recomended artic cat oil APV syn.Is this the way to go?
Are there any links to Artic Cat dealers that sell add ons for the Artic Cats?

The book is vague on breaking in the 2 strokes any thoughts on the best way to break them in?

Any Idea where I could buy a service manual online for the F-7?

Is there anything I should watch out for?

Thanks for any help......

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Welcome to the world of Cats.

I also have a 07 f6 LXR and really like the sled, there has been a few issues in the cornering department that I have noticed and the best thing to do regarding this is to replace the crappy offset carbides that come on the sled.
Some have run true Dooley’s, while others (including myself) switched to single shaper bars, now the sled rails through the corners.

Generally from what I have read the 6 seems to have the fewest issues, whereas the big iron 800's and 1000's have seemed to have more issues.

Check as many fasteners as you can, as many have reported finding bolts missing or loose, fortunately my dealer must have done a great job doing that as of 600 miles on mine and nothing loose yet.

Arctic apv oil is what I run in the Cat, once the machine is broke in then I suppose I could switch as I run Klotz in our Doo.

Break in should be extra apv oil mixed in the first tank, when riding try to not maintain one speed, try to constantly vary your rpm, occasional wide open throttle bursts are allowed but sustained full throttle under break in is to be avoided.

The service manual should be available from Cat as I thought I saw it listed in their accessory catalog, if not check ebay.

I have ridden a few yami 4 strokes, you will really like the ride of this Cat, those 4 stroke yami engines really are nice, but I think the new ride will really impress your lower back.

Read some of the other posts from others regarding issues they have had, I have been lucky as my sled has not had these problems.

One other thing to mention that others have reported, I do notice a small mark that is on the lower A arm where it can hit the bulkhead, some have reported gouges there, I do notice a minor rub, but nothing too serious, and I have bashed quite a few big moguls at high speed when putting this sled through it’s early performance tests.
All in all it is a great sled..
Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a link for those carbide companies?
And could you tell me the way to install them?
Tourque settings??

thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've aligned my front end plastic, polished the aluminum, shortened the limiter strap 1" on top hole, dropped front shock in rear suspension a bit and ran the front shocks up further, drilled 2 small drain holes behind the windshield on the headlight pod, aligned the skis, added a belt holder, tightened the ski loops, put high temp silicon on exhaust springs, and put studboy deuces on the skis. Still going to remove rear blocks and install extra set of idler wheels. I never before have bought a first year model of anything, as I like ANY manufacturer of anything to work the bugs out first. Usually buy 2nd or 3rd year production items.

With all that said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this sled all over again. It just rides that nice! As you can see in the pic to the left, let my wife ride it before most of that was done and had to get her an F5, she loved my F6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts